ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator stuck on !!!

172 Cup, Clio 197
Had this problem for a while. It started out as .... when i raised the drivers window the right indicator would flash. Its now developed into the right indicator coming on on its own and staying on. But quite strangely, it disappears on long drives and returns a few days later til the next 30 mile+ journey.

Ive done some research and the uhc seems like a good bet. dont fancy paying £246+ vat as i only just paid £400 for the cam belt in feb.

So i was gonna have a look around for the breakers, my question is is the normal 172/182 sport uhc compatible with the 172 cup?

Im aware that ill have to have it mapped to the car.

Cheers :S

I have the exact same problem mate, exactly the same symptoms as you. Mine started the same way as yours too. (knocking the drivers window up puts the right indicator on).

Always does it at the worse possible moments aswell doesn't it?

172 Cup, Clio 197
well, tbh, its like all the time now, unless i go on a long drive after which it stops. starting to think its temp related or moisture

Again the same with me, I've driven to Derby and Crewe recently and it didn't do it once. Went to work this morning (short journey) and it did it all the way there.

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
i know this thread is old but im having exactly the same problem with mine! did u guys get it sorted? and if so what was it?

old thread bump, but my 52plate 1.2 16v clio is doing these exact problems. Just gone down the dual carriageway indicating right.

any help?

clio 16v
Had a huge problem with my indicators a few months ago which had similar but not identical problems... Would not indicate right unless in key 1 stage and would indicate left when in right... Turned out to be the uch... New uch and wiring loom was about 400

renault have quoted 350 (incl vat, fitted) for a new UCH

Gonna get a wiring diagram and try wire stalks up to a flasher unit instead