ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inbox by gmail

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I like the idea of Inbox but I think it would annoy me. Using mailbox on my iPhone at the mo, and beta on Macbook. Really like it!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I really want an invite too. Google Now is awesome. It makes life so much easier so I can see this being pretty awesome.

Out of interest is anyone using Google Now on their iPhone?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I like the idea of Inbox but I think it would annoy me. Using mailbox on my iPhone at the mo, and beta on Macbook. Really like it!

Same have done since launch of both beta's although I recently dabbled with acommpli

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hmm.. Looks like more google busy bodying. I turned all those stupid flags off in mine. I don't want to go hunting for emails google thinks I don't want to see.

I seriously hope this doesn't become Gmail default setting any time soon.

Why are you AK in a wig ?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looks far too busy, I use gmail on my iPhone along with google apps for business, can't see why I'd need inbox.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just used it for the first time and about 30 seconds in I know it's perfect. Mailbox deleted.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just used it for the first time and about 30 seconds in I know it's perfect. Mailbox deleted.
Praise indeed.

One thing google do seem very good at is the "services" apps. They're all bloody brilliant.

(Barring the odd maps update a while back that hid "offline maps" and makes it impossible to know what you actually have cached on your device)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. To invite (once you've got your allocation) you do it the same way you would start a new email. It's one of the options under the red button.

"To invite three of your friends all you need to do is open the app, tap the compose button and click on the “golden ticket” to send it to a friend through their email address. It’s unclear if Google plans to eventually give users the power to invite more than three users, but for now we’d choose carefully. The good news for those that haven’t received the invite, and aren’t able to successfully bribe their friends, is that Google seems committed to sending out official invites in mass, so just be patient and your turn will come soon enough!"

rhysbartley123@gmail.com if anyone wants to send me one please :)

Yep. To invite (once you've got your allocation) you do it the same way you would start a new email. It's one of the options under the red button.

"To invite three of your friends all you need to do is open the app, tap the compose button and click on the “golden ticket” to send it to a friend through their email address. It’s unclear if Google plans to eventually give users the power to invite more than three users, but for now we’d choose carefully. The good news for those that haven’t received the invite, and aren’t able to successfully bribe their friends, is that Google seems committed to sending out official invites in mass, so just be patient and your turn will come soon enough!"

rhysbartley123@gmail.com if anyone wants to send me one please :smile:

Ah! - Invited.

I emailed google asking for an invite but if there are any spare going around then I wouldn't mind one please.

acrowephotography@gmail.com

Invited.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so a day into this now and it's utterly superb.

My inbox was a mess previously so I started a fresh and moved everything out of my inbox.

I love how you can set notifications off for specific types of mail. So promo stuff (group on etc turned off) and then when I get round to looking I can just file them all away at once.

It's brilliant. Gmail app is now disabled and I'll never use it again if I can help it!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've also disabled the Gmail app.

I'd like to see a widget for this as it'd look pretty good I think. I imagine there will be one soon enough though.
I've also not had any invites to send out. Once I do I'll post in here and send some to people who want them.

Also would love an invite - didn't realise what it was until I read about it earlier, sounds very useful.

Won't put my email on here, but if you have one please PM and i'll send it over :]