ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of help

Clio182
I am in the process of replacing the springs on the front . The rear was really easy. I have removed the shocks from the front end and have replaced the spring on the front right . I have gone to refit the shocks and they just won't fit! I put the top of the shock through the turret and fastened the top mount , but the bottom holes won't line up with the stub axle holes.

Before any one asks the springs fit into both cups of the shocks and everything is in the correct position. Confused!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It will fit you just need to leaver it into position.
This. Push down on the wishbone, and try and get a screwdriver in one of the holes. Then use that to lever it around until you can get a bolt in the other hole. Thats how I did it anyway

Clio182
Cheers guys. I was trying to put force down on it but was worried about pulling the drive shaft out and knackering the seal (seen this done on a Citroen ) . Il get on with it tomorrow and il use a bar. Fingers crossed!