ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of advice! - Cup spoiler damaged!

Clio 182
hi guys

Bought a cup spoiler of a lad breaking a clio on ebay.

Got it today and its been damaged, presumabley in the post. Part of the far edge has been snapped off and both small parts were in the packaging. See pictures below.

Paid for it via paypal but not through ebay, was quite cheap anyway at £78 :)

I was wondering whether to get it repaired? as it needs spraying in blue anyway. But then it might be at risk of breaking in future, pressure washer etc etc

Or shall i kick up a fuss and get a refund etc?

28E7113E-0068-4E2B-A799-05EE99E9633B-319-0000001251BFCD46.jpg

E7E8A85A-3849-4469-949B-B9F0220003DB-319-000000125D9EA0EA.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get it repaired, will cost you about £10 on top of the respray cost and you'll never be able to tell the difference.

The seller has wrapped it properly and its not his fault, so I think ''kicking off'' to get a refund is a bit of a c**tish thing to do.

Clio 182
Get it repaired, will cost you about £10 on top of the respray cost and you'll never be able to tell the difference.

The seller has wrapped it properly and its not his fault, so I think ''kicking off'' to get a refund is a bit of a c**tish thing to do.

That was my thought really! just worried that it will come back to haunt me if i caught it with the pressure washer or something

will get it quoted up, what do you think is a reasonable price to paint it? its in perfect condition apart from that damage shown.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you open the boot to pressure wash then water shouldn't directly get blasted onto that broken part anyway as it tucks out the way when its shut.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf you could probably fit that and you wouldn't really notice it.

Depends how anal you are ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Superglue it on, tiny skim of filler/Fibreglass and just paint it as normal.

I'd make an educated guess at circa £100 to have it painted.