ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car video camera - buying advice

Titanium ph1 turbo
Ok, thinking of buying one of these (or similar), purely for security in the event of an accident or problem on the road.. think it would be a good idea to have one given the cheap purchase cost of both the item and SD memory these days.

Just wondered if anyone already had one, or similar, and could give me some pointers or feedback on what to get or how useful they are?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160601078737?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

260797366769H_1280P_CAR_DVR_001.jpg

Astra (H) VXR
Video quality looks alright, sound quality is pretty poor... Did you watch the video on the advert?

Titanium ph1 turbo
Yeah, just wondered if anyone had one of these on a bit of a longer term basis and could feedback of how useful/practical they are..

CursedTitanium 182FF
If you have an Android phone, use this:

DailyRoads Voyager

main_2.jpg

DailyRoads Voyager is a free application for Android-powered mobile devices, allowing for continuous video recording from vehicles. Essentially, the application acts as a video black box, dashcam or auto DVR, recording everything, but only keeping what the user is really interested in. The user is usually the driver of a car, who can now quickly and safely capture video sequences of important road events.

http://www.dailyroads.com/voyager.php

In my works van, Merc Sprinter

I have a 32Gb Micro SD card & it will store around 80, 3min clips recorded in 1080p H.264. You can set it to record any length of time, 3min clips is just easier to go through to find the section you want.

It will do both still & video.

1.2 clio/clio sport
I have one, got it off ebay for £20 bought a 16gb card 3 hours of recording cant go wrong filmed a bloke on a bike shoot and and nearly hit me the other, he soon realised he was gonna loose the argument :L

Listerine & Poledo
Ron said only the other day that the footage is worthless in Police matters (in that thread where MarkCup was chastising people for speeding, then got reminded of all the videos he put up where he was just as in the wrong).

Maybe for insurance the footage carries more weight, don't know

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Adam. on here has a camera installed
its got him out of the s**t so many times.
he is now banned however you could PM him lol