ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car gaming

I was thinking of putting a ps2 or gamecube in the car. does anyone have any experience of this? I want it to be permanent, so no dodgy wires sticking out of the cigarette lighter.

I saw Freds ps2 at the brands hatch meet so if youre out there mate can you give us a hand.

I thought about putting a screen in the cup holder behind the ashtray (new style clio). Anybody recommend an appropriate screen?

Putting a screen and a games console is quite easy. Its a similar job to wiring an amp up. All you need is a power inverter (preferably a 330 watt or more) and a power and ground connected to it from the battery. Then its just a case of plugging the console in and connecting it to the screen using an AUX socket.

Unfortunately i dont know how much space there is in the position that you want to put your screen but anything less than a 5.6" is too small to see properly really.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Lionel Richie

Its not as easy as Evil thinks!!!!! Basically the old clios havent got 4000miles of cabling stuck behind the dash, so they dont get interferrence!!!!! I found when putting my PS2 in, i got loads of interference, and i eventualyy tracked the problem back to the power inverter. I was using one of those £50 ones you can get from comet, but in the end i had to get a special sine wave inverter that cost me £130 (but you can get them cheaper)

Im not sure about screen sizes for the cup holder, ill have a look tomorrow

Ive never heard of intereference problems on a screen except with problems with TV tuners as they are very sensitive to any type of fields.

To be honest ive never fitted a screen in one of the new shape Clios but i cant see it being too much of a problem even off a normal inverter. However that might be incorrect.

Russ

Cheers lads. Fred Ill probably see you at the Midlands meet on the 6th Apr. If I get the stuff by then you can give us some tips. Do you have the schematic diagram for that special sine wave inverter, cos I can probably make that myself. Would save a few quid anyway.

wiring scares the crap out of me. Im colour blind so any reds/oranges/browns have a good chance of getting mixed up.

Still Ill have a go

(you would not believe the number of fuses I have been through) :oops:

I find it weird actually - people dont seem to accomodate for colour blind people.. it sucks.. The amount of wires where it would be helpful with having the colour written on them, and it doesnt.. doesnt cost that much to write "red" in a size 2 font. heh

Daz.