ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car freeview..

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Has anyone ever installed in car freeview ? I'm currently running a Pioneer AVH-X7500BT multimedia system and would really like to hook up freeview. Just curious as to if anyone has done it on here before and if they ran into any problems / have any advice ?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I did about 6 years ago, was alright at the time.
just had to retune everytime you wanted to use it.

Might have been due to the fact that the digital signal wasn't great at the time,
might have been the fact it was in a car and your always moving.
(I used to drive a lot for work, so could be anywhere from kent to Scotland one week to the next)

the freeview unit cost about £15 on ebay, so wasn't too bad considering.

Dem bitches will definately suck on your man sausage if you can watch Top Gear or QI in your car at any time. Fact.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive got a TV with built in freeview in my T4 camper van, was 100 quid in halfords originally, but was an ex display one so the mrs got it for 25 quid.

Quite often watch it of an evening if I am kipping in the van, but cant really see much use for one in a car TBH, unless for some reason you have to spend a lot of time sat stationary in your car (waiting for lots of ferries I guess, or if you are a taxi driver)

Careful of your battery if the engine isnt running, I have a couple of batteries in the back of my van that it runs off that then charge when the engine is running, which means I cant ever accidentally flatten the starter battery!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
I dont really have too much use for it but I was just looking and seen that you can get kits for about £40 and thought it'd be a cool thing to do. Its more for passengers as I quite enjoy going long drives just for the sake of it and I think theyd enjoy that! The HU is double earthed so it will play whilst the handbrake is off. was just wondering if anyone had an active set up.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Kenwood setup at the moment, they do a freeview unit for it but to be honest I have no more room left behind the stereo and from what I hear the signal pickup's not the best. I barely have any time to put DVDs on or play films off of my iPhone let alone watch telly. I've got a video system to hook it up to yet.

Plus if you get caught with it playing whilst driving you'll get arseraped in every single way.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I had digital TV in my M3 and it was a bit of a gimmick to be honest, but the handful of times I got stuck in gridlock traffic for a long time it was brilliant!
Signal will not work when driving though, at least mine didn't.

Cup In bits
Same I have an Eonon DVD/TV/SatNav double din head unit (pretty cheap I believe) in my Jeep and it has been really handy when stuck in traffic or waiting on anyone. Mine is only trustworthy below 25-30mph when in the move.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I have a Kenwood setup at the moment, they do a freeview unit for it but to be honest I have no more room left behind the stereo and from what I hear the signal pickup's not the best. I barely have any time to put DVDs on or play films off of my iPhone let alone watch telly. I've got a video system to hook it up to yet.

Plus if you get caught with it playing whilst driving you'll get arseraped in every single way.

I actually got off a ticket having top gear on!
the copper pulled me over (for being a little too quick), spotted top gear and took up residence in my passenger seat.
LONGEST HOUR OF MY LIFE !

afterwards I got a half arsed telling off and sent on my way!

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have Plex on my phone which streams my media from home. Phone sits in a Windscreen mount and audio comes out of speakers via Bluetooth.

I quite often watch TV shows/Movies when I'm left waiting somewhere.