ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In Car Entertainment.... on the limit of verging into Pimp My Ride... :')

Twingo Dynamique
Ok so I'm trying to find a Small flip up screen, than i will fit into the dash top, where the clock comes out, i will then hopefully have (the totally awesome) Nintendo 64 rigged up for passenger(s)! of course it will only be used when stationary. :)

Bit chavvy, F&F, and rather PMR, but i just wanna give it a go. Console would be rigged up underneath passenger seat possibly, or maybe in glove box.

Anyone know of any suitable screens i should be able to rig up, as i cant find any myself atm! :/

Cheers,

James

2001 1.2 Expresion
I've seen some sun-visors that have screens in them which would probably work, you could split the video out and run it to both screens for driver and passenger and then if your radio has aux in you could possibly run an RCA to aux in to have the sound come from the car speakers.

Other than that all I've seen is static screens that screw/stick on the dash which are usually quite small.

You could try to source some flip down screens to mount in the headliner maybe.

Hope that helps :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Plymcl172 has a mirror-mounted screen for his reversing camera, I believe it takes an external input too.

Also playing Gran Turismo at the start line before having your ass kicked by Toretto FTW.

Twingo Dynamique
Also playing Gran Turismo at the start line before having your ass kicked by Toretto FTW.

^ This tbf.... haha.

I'm thinking i could get one of those screens you attach to the back of headrests.... preferably thin ones.... then see what i can do to mod it into the dash.... :S :L

Twingo Dynamique
Yeah but i already have a Pioneer than was about £200... and really like it! :L so want something separate... if possible. :/

Clio 182
mount some cameras and sensors on bonnet/bumper, then replace windscreen with 50inch tv screen. Simply flick between cameras when driving and n64 when stationary x

Clio 182

I had some in a punto when I was younger - pre-recession so i was all yolo, much better buying the complete sunvisors rather than trying to mount screens in existing - if you decide to go down this route imo
DSC00246-1.jpg

Clio 182
Theyre made out of plastic, and due to the screen considerably heavier than standard visor. But the complete units have different mounting rods (porbs wrong name for them), but means that cables are fed through the rods into roof liner so no mess - they also 'click' into place when up to prevent them from falling down, think if you simply fit screens into existing visors then they will not be strong enough to stay up without velco - which would look rubbish.

Theyre good if you can get them at a good price - easy to wire too, just plug and play

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
In my Megane I used to have a 7" flip out headunit, with 2 7" sunvisor monitors.
PS2, freeview and satnav all rigged to HU, HU to screens on input 1, passenger side input 2 had a spare connection in the glove box (mate used to have an N95 with dead screen) driver side input 2 had a second satnav connection.
Meant Satnav could stay hidden, I could check screen for reference, whilst passenger played PS2.
Just to really F+F it, the PS2 was rigged to a 4 port network switch, so when the other car-park dwellers (I've now grown up (a little)) arrived with PS2, we could have 4 way Gran Turismo races, each with our own screen and in car surround sound, just by bosching a couple of 20ft network cables out the window.

SQ5
Does an n64 even have a video output? I'm sure its only an RF output in which case you need a Monitor with a tuner.