ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

improving the trophy set up?

A SHED!
can this be improved upon by adding say front and rear strut braces and poly bushes arb and wishbone kit from k-tec? or would it mess with the geometry? i know its not advisable to lower these.

thanks

S2 106 GTI
I have lowered mine ;)

mines going to birchdown end of feb and in two minds to get the poly bush kit for the front (don't fancy it rattling even more though!)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Well i thought they were all squeeky and rattly, but tbf, kev (steve) fitted some to my old cup and never heard a thing!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I havent, whats it in, pfc?

Quite interested in one actually.....

M140i
Mark fish is the only person I would get to change anything about the trophy setup, camber change on the front, different shockers at the back. Speak to 7Mat on here, his car is set up perfectly.

Clio 182ff
Look, many engineers and designers have spent a great deal of time desiging that chassis! You really don't need to mess with it. There is no roll and hardly any torsion thru the frame -it is a triumph of engineering! The only problems with clio's are the accountant designed bits that are bolted to the great frame and wonderful engine block.

Spend yer cash on induction kits, track spec brakes and exhaust profiles.

The 172 is already a very good car - ask any petrol head on how to improve it and most will tell you to just wash it lol

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Mark fish is the only person I would get to change anything about the trophy setup, camber change on the front, different shockers at the back. Speak to 7Mat on here, his car is set up perfectly.

I'll second that I would add a touch of -ve camber to the front or if you want more add MF springs and uprated rear Koni shocks which I had and are very good, but if you only drive it on the road just have the geometry checked and add 1' neg camber to the front.
Oh MF said not to use polly bushes as the standard are all you need.

well, i fitted one to my normal 172 and the turn in (on standard suspension otherwise) was HUGELY improved. feels alot more stable and planted through fast sweepers, and its also alot flatter. for the money it was, i wasnt expecting it to make as much difference as it did. i would imagine on a cup it would be a similar effect.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Interesting. Also running Bilstein B14's, just dont want it too lairy/snappy lol

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm considering the Mark Fish upgrade. Seems well recieved. Lowers the car only ever so slightly with greater spring tensions.