ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza Tow Truck

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Looks bloody great!! Would have been even better if it were really doing something. Didn't see any wheel spin from the wagon so I doubt the preza was doing anything at all. Just bear in mind how much torque it takes to move a 40 ton lorry......we aren't talking 300lb/ft....much much more.

^ yeah but tbh, an Evo could probs do it too. Or most 4wd cars in fact, maybe.
Looks bloody great!! Would have been even better if it were really doing something. Didn't see any wheel spin from the wagon so I doubt the preza was doing anything at all. Just bear in mind how much torque it takes to move a 40 ton lorry......we aren't talking 300lb/ft....much much more.
Yep, about three or four times that fig.

Why would the wagons wheels spin when it was being towed??

I've watched a Diesel Discovery do it plenty of times in the Ice. Can't be much more torque in that, but it does have the low box.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I've watched a Diesel Discovery do it plenty of times in the Ice. Can't be much more torque in that, but it does have the low box.

Bit of a difference ie tyres, low range box and diff lock. Im not saying that didnt look cool but look how quickly the artic pulled off....that was a lorry with plenty of grip in my opinion. An STI wouldn't shift one that quick even if it were in the dry.

Turbos.
If a bloke can pull a jumbo jet then you can't need huge amounts!

The key is that it has winter tyres and/or snow chains. I'm certainly going to get myself a set so i can be king of the snow!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Bit of a difference ie tyres, low range box and diff lock. Im not saying that didnt look cool but look how quickly the artic pulled off....that was a lorry with plenty of grip in my opinion. An STI wouldn't shift one that quick even if it were in the dry.

That's because the lorry just needed help to pull away once it got traction it could move under its own steam.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
If that truck was empty it would weigh circa 16t so not that much! The tractor unit didnt have a steer/lift axle so would've been 40t maximum!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
If that truck was empty it would weigh circa 16t so not that much! The tractor unit didnt have a steer/lift axle so would've been 40t maximum!
It was only a twin axle trailer aswell so I doubt it would've been heavy. Still impressive from the impreza though.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
lol - Utter bollox

There is no way a subaru will pull a fully laden articulated wagon out of ice / snow.

Think about it - if you owned a newish subaru would you offer to pull a 25 ton truck stuck in snow and risk blowing your clutch / transmission ??

Good vid though

Last edited:
  Rb 182

I'd say less than that, our tri-axle traiolrs and units with lift/steer axles come in at 15t on Norbords weigh bridge.