ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

import help..

Clio Sport 172
hi all

found out today my 172 is an import. now i didnt know this when i got it from the gararge.

whats the difference between the uk and my import.

what rights do i have in getting the gararge to do something about it?

i know about the alarm and locking wheel nuts. is there anything else. would i be in my right to go back to the gararge and ask for an alarm to be fitted and we was under the influence it was a uk car.

cheers
si

Not much else, Alarm, locking nuts, window etchings, couple of other things I can't mind.

Dunno how far you would get with the garage as don't think they have to tell you it's an import.

Octavia vRS tfsi
It's scandalous how paranoid people are over the dreaded imports. They're the same car. Locknuts and an alarm. Big deal.

I'm pretty sure the one I have is an import, bar that fact that I imported it to Ireland. Who cares. It goes and stops the same.

Clio Sport 172
It's scandalous how paranoid people are over the dreaded imports. They're the same car. Locknuts and an alarm. Big deal.

I'm pretty sure the one I have is an import, bar that fact that I imported it to Ireland. Who cares. It goes and stops the same.

whoa!! lol dont get me wrong i love my car lol, i was just seeing if i could squeeze free stuff out of him. and come at hit with some law acts.

320d
From new the warranty was only 1 year on an import. The original owner had to apply for the further two years.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You will have to tell the insurance company mate, they might possibly use that as a get out in the evnt of a crash if they find out the fly b******s

182 has now gone!
My 182 was an import. But I wasnt told this when I bought the car. It did have 3 years warrenty. Only difference was no alarm, window ettchings or locking wheel nuts...

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
My 1.6 is an import. I bought it new and knew it didnt have an alarm or locking wheelnuts, iit does have the window etchings though and it came with two years warranty instead of three. It is a UK spec car so it makes absolutely no difference at all, not to me , nor the insurance company (who have been told).

As far as getting free stuff from the garage goes, I doubt you will stand a chance. The garage themselves can say they did not know it was an import and you will not be able to prove it one way or the other.

Personally if I were you, I would forget it it and just get on and enjoy it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd get an alarm fitted asap, insurance will have it down as having a cat 1 alarm

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Thats true . I always get asked if i have an alarm fitted . If needs be i send them a copy of the Thatcham Cat 1 certificate .

Don't worry about it being an import mate . It's the same car , worth the same when you come to sell it . It's out of it's warranty so just enjoy the car :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Personally i'd always have an alarm fitted just for my own piece of mind , even though most people ignore them .

Plus when i had my first import i got a £60 refund after i had my Toad alarm fitted .

Clio Sport 172
Personally i'd always have an alarm fitted just for my own piece of mind , even though most people ignore them .

Plus when i had my first import i got a £60 refund after i had my Toad alarm fitted .

i have bought a renault alarm off ebay, it just didnt come with instructions :( so i cant fit it lol im trying to get hold of some. or someone that is close that can fit it for me

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't know what alarm you've bought , if it's Thatcham approved ? If it is you'll need an approved installer for that make of alarm for your insurance company to recognise its Thatcham rating .

If it's not Thatcham approved just use a local auto electrician .Try yell.com .

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They will have it down as having an alarm, as all uk 172's had cat1. Make sure you fit a cat1, it's your responsibility to tell them, they don't have to ask.