ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imobiliser problem

Ph2 172
Hi, new to the site, just picked up a 16valve clio and having problems with the imobiliser. I must lock then unlock the doors to activate it, but sometimes this doesnt work. I have to keep doing it till the little orange light flashes, then you hear the fuel pump etc then your off, but sometimes it wont do it for 5-10 minutes! any suggestions to try or is there places that can fix this?

Gratefull for any info, its a real pain in the ass!

Ph2 172
the remote. its only one button on the key. just changed the batteries in it but not ben anywhere to find out if this has made a difference

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The most common problem with these is water in the receiver which is located up by the interior light.

The PC board gets corroded and the remote fails.

As it operates the immobilser as well as the locking, if the doors lock, it should be switching the immobiliser.

Ph2 172
when i push it it works perfect, the doors lock and unluck but its just the imobiliser doesnt.....mobilise!?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
when i push it it works perfect, the doors lock and unluck but its just the imobiliser doesnt.....mobilise!?

If it locks/unlocks every time, how many times on average does it not operate the immob,r ??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Mmmm, interesting that you have a 10 min cycle, as you say, sounds like a timer. I know the early R5turbos has a turbo cooling fan timer on them and that could, under certain circumstances (normally bad earths) hold the ignition on and the radio wouldn't switch off, but that cant be your problem.

Let me think about it, in the meantime it might be an idea to check all the fuses are intact.

Have you changed the Radio, do you have an amplifier fitted ? anything else non-standard on the car ?

Ph2 172
i put my stereo in it when i got home but it happened on the way home before i put it in. the wires in the back of there look a bit of a scramash!