ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

imobiliser led flashing??key battery?loose wire/sensor? any ideas im stuck

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
as above realy my car last nite let me down a few times i was sitting in my car for atleast 30 mins twice i finally got it started an the light to stay on solid but later on last nite i spend 20 mins trying to get home and it would reconise my key now,
i spent the night at a friends and now have a sunny day to inspect any cables sensors fuses maybe?
could this be the battery in the key or more like a dodgy connection??

yesterday the passenger hub was off as i got a wheel bearing done so unsure if this would be an area to inspect for connections/sensors.

any ideas from any1?
car is a 1999 mk2 ph1

cheers

Da

Less
Try your spare key.

If that doesn't help it might be the decoder ring in the car.

2001 Clio Sport 172
what I've founf works for me is

take apart Key, disconnect lil battery in it

reconnect.

Lock and unlock car using key fob.

Start car.

Most likely its to do with your key fob.

keep us posted.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yeah cheers for the responces,
car is now a non starter its just constant flashing light with ignition on,
it took half an hour on sat morning till it worked then i got home and cleaned the ignition barrell and the sensor/ring when all fitted back together it didnt fail atall so i let my car warm up then switched it off an tried another few times and it was fine,
2 hours later and the car wouldnt start,

been quoted 83 for the sensor and 35 to reprogramme the key from a renault dealer

so thinking test new 2nd hand sensor then go for the key re-prog,

nothing else for it is there?that prices seem right 83+35?

cheers

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Seams pretty cheap mate i thought the key coding was £80+?

What happened when trying your spare?

I had a non sport ph1 1999. Couple of days before i sold it this happened. would work sometimes and not the others. Replaced key batteries in both keys and replaced the decoder ring. It kept being tempremental but then worked the day the man was coming to collect it. i told him if it does it again i would pay to have the keys recoded but i never heard from him.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i dont have a spare(
yeah just a case of changing the ring an c then take it to renault,
the man on the fone was sure its 35 quid with me bringing my car to them an my key that aint working and they would programme it

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Had the same problem before. Key couldn't be re-coded and ended up having to pay £130 for a new key and coding.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
hellish!!
is common for the keys not to recode?
would that be renault speakin shi*e just taking more money off us?
as soon as renault decide that i need a new code do i have a 3 week wait keys from france or sumthin?