ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobilser Problems

Monaco 172
My 172 ph1 clio has immobilised. Car wont start, lights and wipers work but electric windows and central locking wont work. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Things i have tried;

1. Checked key fob works
2. Checked fuses at side of dash
3. Tried a battery as mine was knackered
4. Check crank sensor
5. Re-connected a broken earth at driver side where bonnet pin is at windscreen
6. Tried turning ignition on to point 3 for 30 secs. then off for 30 secs and so on...
7. Checked cars at scrappies to see if i could pick up an ir receiver but seems like my car doesnt have one??
8. Tried manually locking car then trying to open with key fob, tried sitting in car and using key fob to open and lock with all doors shut,
tried using internal lock and unlock switch with all car doors shut.

Going to check decoder ring tomorrow as on back-shift tonight as none of the above worked.

Cheers

Scott

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is the immobilser light showing on the dash, solid, flashing or out after the second turn on the key.

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
I have this exact same problem in my MK2 PH2 Clio!

It's been doing it off and on for around 2 months now.

One day it won't start, the next it starts no problem and sometimes I sit in the car and keep trying messing about with key locking then it randomly starts!

I need an answer for this fault as well, I got stuck in a petrol station a few weeks back, that was embarrasing! lol

Let me know if you get to the bottom of this problem mate, I'll do the same if I manage to diagnose it any time soon.

Monaco 172
Will do mate, i checked the gearbox earth and earth between gearbox and chassis that was all fine, checked relays they look ok as far as i can check. forund a popped 60 amp fuse so think it could be that but if not going to try the decoder ring.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Have you tried syncing your key again? Have a search on how to do it as I forgot exactly.

you can't just try the decoder ring as it's programmed into the immobiliser so a replacement won't plug and play

Moogun B95
Squeeze the key as you turn it in the ignition. If that helps, its prob breakdown of the transponder on the pcb inside the key. (wire-wound ferrite)

Monaco 172
Thanks for the help guys, found the problem, was the 60 amp fuse, however it popped again. i put another one in and started sparking so took it out again, thinking its a loose connection. does any of use know what this fuse does? its the one in the middle between the 30 amp and other 60 amp fuse i think? got a feeling its after ignition, but dont no what that means? in need of explanation or a fuse diagram.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sounds to me like you've got a short somewhere. Put the fuse in with the battery out then connect it and try to listen to the short. Will point you in the right direction