ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser

OK, another of the imoobiliser problems. Would appreciate any help.

Have tried to unlock car this morning using infra-red remote plipper which didnt work. Was able to get into the car unlocking the door manually but even when holding remote plipper against receiver in ceiling console it took several attempts to get the thing to work and the immobiliser to cut out.

Here are my questions...

1) Can the immobilisre be by-passed?

2) I only have one key. Can I simply change the battery in this (assuming thats the problem) without needing to reprogram the thing

3) My sunroof or aerial is leaking - could that be causing the problem?

Cheers...

Cheers, thats what I was hoping but I dont want to strip the thing down and replace the battery if it then needs to be re-programmed before it will talk to the receiver and start the motor?

Excuse my ignorance but when it comes to this sort of stuff I haven;t a clue!!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

mines annoying aswell, sometimes have to stand out in the rain like a lemon trying to open the door lol

Dave

The immobiliser cant be bypassed unfortunately as it also affects the injection computer. If you change the battery quickly theres no reason for it to need reprogramming afterwards, just make sure you dont snap the led off of the circuit board when you remove it as they are prone to it and attempts to solder them usually ends up in melting the circuit board. If it is taking a while to respond, may be an idea to pull the cover off of the receiver (above drives head) and just make sure theres no water in it from the aerial/sunroof.

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by skidmark on 19 May 2005

Can it be bypassed?
If the immobs locked in then in id advise you to take it straight to Renault and they will re key it for you!!!

Mine went up the wall after just after xmas and it cost me £350 odd because i tried a few places before Renault who only ended up refering me to Renault themselves!!!

Think Renualt Lookers charged me £170 odd to fix it so that may be the most cost effective option you have!!!

Thanks for your help. Battery turns out to be OK, as once the rain stopped it was back to normal, so Ive spent tonight slapping silicon sealent round the sunroof and aerial!

the french have a great sense of humour.... not

silver valver/hybrid

the immobiliser can be bypassed, but its a bit of a pain in the ass! also if the car battery is disconnected the immobiliser will cut in again. i have a switch in the car which can turn the immobilser on and off.