ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser & remote locking problem

GSXR + KDX220
Ok, since changing the steering column a few weeks back (which it didnt need in the end!) the key hasnt quite been behaving correctly.

Basically it doesnt seem to unlock when pushing the key button, but after driving, and getting out, it'll lock most of the time. So I have to unlock it manually.

A few times it's also had a problem with the immobiliser and doing that "turn over for a few seconds but not start" thing. It just did it in Tesco car park and took be a good 30mins of trying various things to get it to go, the last of which was turning the ignition on and holding the central locking button until it beeps and pressing the key, and luckily it started up :mad:

Also when starting and driving off the auto-locking doesnt lock and the red light on the lock button does not illuminate any more.

I assume its a re-syncing thing I need to do?

GSXR + KDX220
Hmmm, just tried a few things, its as if it can only unlock OR unlock, not both. This depends on whether Ive pushed the dash button to lock or unlock too.

e.g. If I push the button to unlock all doors, get out, press key fob, it'll lock. But then I cant unlock it using the fob, only by unlocking manually. Ive not got my other key here to try that :(