ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser light flashes and no turn over intermitant

inferno 182cup
As described really some times I come to the clio and it wont turn over the imob light is flashing at me, turn off then on again and it works could this be the key or is there any common known problems

Cheers help appreciated

inferno 182cup
This has now moved to no start at all now doesnt turn over at all and imob light fladhing permanent tryed both keys and had a remotw battry for my main key when the problem was intermitant car worked fine for few days after then today no start when I came bac to it from shops. Ive checked the connections on the imob ring arround the barrel and for broken wires in colomn airea.

Any help please

inferno 182cup
Whats that then its starting at min again but only when I leave it for a bit a mate with a 172 is comeing by in a bit I was gonna try swapping the recevers over as allegedly they arnt coded

Evo 8 MR
UCH is what controls all the electrics and it also plays a part in the immobiliser system.

There is other cheap bits you can replace before assuming it's that though.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "swapping receivers".

inferno 182cup
O right thats the one under dash by glove box then ive been told 400 by Renault pluss codeing for one of them I just tryed the recever in my friends and it ant that now

inferno 182cup
Will u need the car to code it, and can u code it out for next time it fucjs up

Also I seen there is a box to plug in the DL16 to bypass imob system has any one tried theese yet

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, I would need the car and any/all keys you have for it.

I don't think they work on the newer cars

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
mine has done this 3 times nw and hoping it doesnt fail.but went out to the car earlier and it woudnt fire even when the light was out..and then did..i could be wrong but could it be down to connections on the starter motor,or definately the immobiliser

inferno 182cup
What confused me is the fact ive even tried the 2nd key and it always used to work, ive spoke to this imob unlock company and he thinks it is this box that'll sort it just check yhe whight plug under box first was what was said seanyboii might need to try the same.

Ive looked for hours on the Web an not found a tried an fixed solution plenty of people out there with the problem tho

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Only a wild guess at the starter motor m8, down where I am we've had s**t weather so am thinking it could be damp in the fuse / relay area .. Am not too shithot wiv electrics so am just relying on other advice really .likewise I've looked on the web n havnt found a great deal , so keep this updated if u can bud.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Try and bump start ur car m8 . Mine has just done this again. Bump started it and away she went

inferno 182cup
Hi every one bump start wont work if Imob light flashin. But I have fixed my car now I brought an Imob bypas module it plugs into the dl16 and a wire to the Imob ring and magic no Imobaliser at all so starts every time now........... Tidy.

Note this will only work if ur car has Imob light flashing rapidly and not solid light.
Saved me a packet on a new control module at only 80 quids instead of the 400 plus programing