ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser help pleaseeee?

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Alright lads,

My girlfriend has a 1998 R reg clio, and my understanding is that the immobiliser turns off when the doors are opened with the central locking key, the keys(?) stopped unlocking the car, ive tryed a new battery in the key but it still doesnt open the car and I cant get the immobiliser off :|

Im guessing theres something wrong with the sensor for the centeral locking but I dont really wanna have to take the car appart to check the wiring.

Any suggestions?
Cheeeeers

BMW M3
I think the immobiliser switches off when the keys go in the ignition.

Can you start the car ? Unlock it with the key and try start it. Or are you just wanting to fix the central locking via the button ?

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
We can get into the car (by putting the key in the lock) mate.
Turn the key and the car starts but then cuts out 2 seconds later. But now it doesnt even start, im assuming this is because the fuel has been cut and weve used all the fuel in the pipe by trying to start it.

Cheers

BMW M3
Hmm, bit confused but if it started for a bit in the past then its not the immobiliser as far as i know. When that kicks in it just does start, just clicks..... may be wrong but thats my experience.

If there is fuel in the tank then its not that.... when you try start the car it pumps through.... although is the starter motor going or just an electrical click when it doesnt start ?

May have to wait for the pros to come.....

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Hmm not sure mate.
Gunna go check all the fuses and relays as a light comes up on the dash now thats like a jagged line, it says in the haynes manual thats the "centeral locking time out relay".

Ill go do some investigating, cheers for the help!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Does anyone know if the owners manuals have a routine to disable the immobiliser?
If so could someone type it up please :)