ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser fault...

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Ok, so I've been looking at buying a 172, there is one in my area that's an absolute bargain. However, having spoken to the guy he's told me that there is no immobiliser light on at all, initially I thought uch but he said there is no light what so ever, any thoughts?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
No, it was originally sat for around a year. When he went to start it, the light wouldn't turn on so the car won't turn over, had an auto electrician out and was told it was an immobiliser fault, wasn't sure if anyone had a similar problem?

Mk2 Ph2 172
Yeah I would point to the Uch then....

I would get someone out with the Renault clip and see if they can do anything or it could be a new Uch!!!

If you do need a new one I have one that has not been used :)

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Sounded to me like it was more a connection problem. If there is no light at all? I'll take my diagnostic software and see what I can depict. Cheers for the help man!

Mk2 Ph2 172
Yeah be worth checking wires and the connection to the Uch Also, I'm sure part of the immobiliser loom runs above the gearbox and can get chaffed!!!

Has it had any water leaks e.g rain into the car while Sitting might have leaked down the dash and on to the Uch !!!

Strange that it worked til it parked up then nothing !!!

He has charged up the battery lol

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I don't know, I'll find out more details tomorrow. It doesn't have a sunroof so narrows down the chance of a leak(hopefully) i got very basic answers from him, hopefully borrowing someone's clip for tomorrow night, see if I can arrange something. If not, I still might buy it and strip it!