ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser byass

I have purchased a car that has an immobiliser bypass plugged in to the computer port thing. does anyone know if this can be used on other car or it programmed just for that car?

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Pull it out and try lol... I don't know, I've on,y seen the ones that are programmed to your car and spliced in. Maybe a pic or model details?

PH2 RS172
looking at the title i thought itd be some type of new xxx title involving stopping someone from the rear lol seriously though i believe that they are configured to each car and are not universal.....

They're programmed to your cars 'keycode' i think.

In the cars manual back pages/on the chip in the key inself, is a little code - this is passed to the immobiliser to deactivate it. Assuming there's something iffy with your key (not coded to the car) if you remove your bypass - your car won't start.