ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm selling the 182 and looking a PH1 172

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Looking to sell the 182 to free up some money as i've just moved into a new pad. I'm looking at Ph1 172's as I want to keep with the clio as I love them. Will I miss the 182 alot or i'm guessing are the PH1's as fun to drive? :)

Sad day when the 182 drives up the road without me :(

Titanium 182
I did the exact same thing. If you're planning on modding the ph1 at all you wont save much money at all. get one and leave it completely standard it's a good idea. get one and try to mod it and you just piss loads of money away which you could've used to pay off your 182.

I miss my 182 but I guess I got rid of a few grands worth of debt.

TTRS & V50
I did the exact same thing. If you're planning on modding the ph1 at all you wont save much money at all. get one and leave it completely standard it's a good idea. get one and try to mod it and you just piss loads of money away which you could've used to pay off your 182.

Very good point, i wanted to save money and get a ph1, but think to get it to the standard that my ph2 is in, then it wouldn't save me any money whatsoever.

So go to a 182 is a good move for me :) Opposite, but good move.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF

yeah it'd be staying standard :)

Titanium 182
Go for it then. Although not a single thing ever went wrong on my 182. I've had my ph1 since october and replaced the upper engine mount and the radiator and a few other bits. :rasp:

S3, Polo
I suppose it's the luck of the draw. You might get lucky or it may be a false economy...

I bought a 2003 172 Cup that had a FDSH and a folder full of receipts (inc. oil/ filter receipts for 6k mile services), yet I've still had to spend a huge amount on fixing things. Within the first 4 months of ownership, I've had to replace:
- suspension top mounts (AST's)
- all engine mounts (OE + Powerflex Dogbone)
- brake overhaul & new fluid, discs and pads (Castrol Response DOT4, Brembo HC's & Mintex 1144's)
- oil leak from the cam cover (now fixed with genuine Renault new belts)
- wheel refurb
- new seats (OE Cup)
- new steering wheel (OE)
- etc.
:(

At the time of purchase, it was faultless - everything just seemed to fail at the same time!

It's absolutely spot on now though. :)

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Go for it then. Although not a single thing ever went wrong on my 182. I've had my ph1 since october and replaced the upper engine mount and the radiator and a few other bits. :rasp:
Yer, but how long did you own the 182? :rasp:

Iceberg 172
I really really don't understand this idea of downgrading to an OLDER car to save money.

If you really need to save money or re-coup some cash then sell the hot hatch and go and get something cheap (ie cheap to buy, run, insure etc etc).

Downgrading to an older version is just walking into a money pit imo.

You may well get lucky... but the odds are against you.

Honda & VW
I really really don't understand this idea of downgrading to an OLDER car to save money.

If you really need to save money or re-coup some cash then sell the hot hatch and go and get something cheap (ie cheap to buy, run, insure etc etc).

Totally disagree Steve

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Nonsense

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'd have a ph1 over a 182 anyday of the week!

There's an Exclusive with FK's on PH for £1900.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If you got 5k for the 182 and then spent 2k on a ph1 172 I don't think that would be a bad move if you are trying to save a bit of money. You might find a decent 75k 172 with the belts done for 2k, then just put a bit of cash to one side just in case anything does go wrong.

In terms of fun, I think ph1's are more fun to drive than ph2's.