ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition wires - which ones which

Hi guys I'm in the middle of installing a start button on my Clio. I was doing this for about 2 hours yesterday before I gave up as I didn't know which wire does which. And I'm hoping you guys do. Here's a picture of the wires

image.jpeg

There's a browny colour a red and a black
I just need to know which one is which and once it's done I'll have a guide up on how to do it. Thanks

I'm not knocking what you're doing mate, just saying, are you going to put your key in the ignition to keep the immobiliser de armed?
100%. The key is turned in to ignition, the dash comes on etc

the push to start lights up, push it in and it starts.

It sounds stupid I know, it's just something to impress my mates I suppose haha

It's something you wouldn't expect a Clio to have. Makes it a little different

172 track
Hi guys I'm in the middle of installing a start button on my Clio. I was doing this for about 2 hours yesterday before I gave up as I didn't know which wire does which. And I'm hoping you guys do. Here's a picture of the wires

View attachment 143454

There's a browny colour a red and a black
I just need to know which one is which and once it's done I'll have a guide up on how to do it. Thanks
All those wires are for the transponder aerial anyway, the ignition wires are another plug below the column

172 track
Are you sure? When I cut the brown wire the car wouldn't start at all.

Which colours am I looking out for

Thanks!
Yeah that's the bit that reads the chip in the key.
The ones your after are about 2.5 MM. in a 4 pin slide connector block think black yellow red wires.

172 track
Couldn't be even more helpful could you? The4 wires I have need to hack in to 3 wires.

1 being the ignition cable itself, a 12v to power the button and another for live I believe? Here's a photo, if you can help I'd gladly buy you a beer :smiley:

2x blue 1 red and 1 black View attachment 143487
Again it's none of those I'm afraid! If you follow from the back of the ignition barrel you'll see a black plastic loom and around 12" from that below the column a connector block. Use a test bulb or multimeter there to earth and find ig1+, ig2+, Perm 12v+ and starter feed

Again it's none of those I'm afraid! If you follow from the back of the ignition barrel you'll see a black plastic loom and around 12" from that below the column a connector block. Use a test bulb or multimeter there to earth and find ig1+, ig2+, Perm 12v+ and starter feed

I don't suppose you know exactly which colour they are haha if not what voltage should I be looking for on the ig1 and ig2. Cheers

You drilling a hole into the cowling for the steering wheel?
Picture of button?

Thanks so much for the help! She lives!

The only problem is it doesn't light up all the time, just when I press it in. Other then that happy boy