ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition switch to ignition coil feed, which wire for FIA switch

Im looking at fitting a FIA master cut of switch.

I need to locate and splice into the feed from the ignition switch to the ignition coil.

Looking at the wiring diagrams (without starting to cut wires up in the car) can someone point out what wire it is. Im guessing it could be the white wire from port 6?

I have looked at all the other wiring diagrams and cant see anything that mentions ignition coil.

photo.jpg

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 639
I can't remember which I cut. Work it out with a multimeter. You basically have the live feed in and a wire for each position if the key. You need to find tge one that is live in positions 2 and 3 iirc.

No not yet, need to get a multi meter, I have asked numerous ppl even ppl who own garages and still they cant tell me what one I need to splice into lol

So I will try the red wire first, then failing that the yellow.

Ok, what wire did you cut into for your cut off switch, do you mind looking Pete (or mark). This is needed to pass scrutineering so ppl who race on here must have done it at some stage (unless its a push button kill switch).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Red should be your permanent live. The other 3 will be your aux.

For example when key is in pos 1 it will use the 12v from the red and send it down the orange
when in position 2 it will send down orange and yellow.
In position 3 it will send it down the green wire which is your starter motor trigger.

​you don't need a multimeter. This can be done the pikey way with a few cables and a 12v light bulb and holder (indicators are ideal)

Well you are right anyway lol.

Red is permanent live, green and yellow is pos I, yellow is pos II and orange is position III. I have just checked mine.

I had to cut the permanent live as my cut off was solid state and needed power even when the key was off. But your diagram in post 1 suggests you need to cut between the switch and the coil which would be the yellow wire.

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I've got a cartek solid state. I'm still unsure what one I need to go into it. What did you use to attach it/splice into it? I'm so useless at wiring and this is e most ill ever do lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377444540.478496.jpg

The bottom two pins attach to the feed from ignition to coil, i will just cut, attach wire with heat shrink and put some crimps on the other end slotting them on the pins.

Solid state im guessing will be different

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I had an after market alarm on the car that I ripped put. I guessing it will go to the same wire as that did.