ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition problem - has anyone had this problem or know what it is?

2002 Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Basically this has been happening for about 2 years on and off, usually only occuring when there is a change in temperature overnight. . .

quite recently its happening everytime i get in the car regardless of temperature and can be quite annoying. Ive attached a video of the problem.

1st 2 turns of the keys its fine, then on the 3rd when u expect starter to engage i get nothing. . . once i turn the key back the ignition barrel wont let me turn it to the '3rd' stage anymore. so u got to start all over again.

eventually it kicks in and all is well (ish)

just a question to all out there, be u mechanic or not what the problem may be before i start ripping bits and pieces off and spending thousands.

much appreciated. oh and if anyones got a seat, passenger side complete with airbag id be interested plz, mines broke :(

ta, Rob.

th_12122008002.gif