ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If money was no object.........

Had a similar discussion about this not long ago if youd won the lottery jackpot. I would get something that practical, doesnt stand out too much, be fast as f*** and fun to drive. It would either be a BMW M3 (E46) or a Porsche 996 C4S. Nothing too fancy and still drivable on Britains roads.

Obvious choices like Macca F1, Veyron, Paginis and Lambos etc arent really suitable unless you live by an autobahn or track and you would only be able to take 1 of your mates out for a fun drive. Also imagine trying getting out of a Pagini a packed car park, Thick doors and wide sill means squeezing out of a tiny slot!! and lots of scraping on ramps and speed bumps becuase I will take the car for a Sainbury shopping trip. I would only stick with 1 car otherwise Id be forever deciding what to drive. If I fancied a change sell the existing one an buy another.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 January 2003

The production spec MG hasnt been tested yet so its not worth taking notice of any write ups. I read and watched tests on the qvalve mangusta, it got panned, the ford engine is a typical american V8, i dont like them, theyre not race car engines. The same gearbox was used in my dads old aston virage and it was awful. I was at the motorshow, the only people looking at them were under 30s and lets face it how many of them can afford it?

Scudetto, thats fair enough but only if its not a heavy car, and the 550 is.

oh please!!

The mg Xpower SV is not just a qvale with an mg badge its being worked on by a team of engineers under peter stevens direction

the engine couldnt be more diffrent its preped by prodrive and is in a great state of tune and they are used as racing engines

and the gearbox is a evolved unit of that box (totally diffrent internals)

as for the 550 being heavy and crap

it won the autocar handling day twice!!

Theyre handling tests are complete poo! As if one of them is better than an elise, caterham etc. ha ha! Its too heavy, at the end of the day you cant disguise the weight, its 1754kg. A new M3 weighs a whole 250kg less than that and id even say thats too heavy at 1450kg.

As for the MG i wait to be proved wrong, how many states of tune will they be?

Id have a black Lambo Murcielago and mod it like mad... Id deck it on 20" rims, tint the windows dark, fit a rear tailgate spoiler like you used to get for the Diablos, get clear side repeaters and get some ICE in it!!!

And for my day-to-day runabout Id clearly choose the XPower, no contest - ot just looks f***ing mean!! And Id have the 965BHP factory nitro kit obviously.