ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If I could get hold of some Amazing coilovers...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would you buy them?

I have a friend of a friend who designs and manufactures Coilover units for Proper heavy stuff. He's done work for TVR, Morgan etc.

He has just buils some for my mates completely custom built 7.2 V8 Aston.

My friend has (today actually) had some rear coilover units made, with the spring and shock all in one, with both damping and rebound adjustment.

Now AST Sell their proper race spec kits for £1800. I reckon I could get a bit of a deal with this guy to get front and rears, fully adjustable, all aluminium (they weigh half what my FK's weigh!) all in, delivered to your door for £1000.

Is it something I should look into??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£500 is budget stuff though, he won't even entertain building anything for that.

Clio 172
For the amount the cars are worth I don't think many people will be prepared to throw 40/50% potentially of the cars value at coilovers imo!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This isn't for people that want lows. Go and buy some racelands for £200.

This is for people that either race or are heavily into track days.

Maybe I should have written that in the OP.

Clio 172
Well yes I guessed that lol, but with no reviews on how they are on the car/track I wouldn't imagine people would go for it over the tried and tested.

Might be worth getting a discounted set out to one of the racers on here if they were up for it for a proper test?

Not saying that they are going to be some dodgy shite - obviously your mate has some extensive knowledge there, but I can't help but think it will be more hassle than its worth?

Black Gold Trophy
get him to build a set and offer passenger rides at CSS or something, then take deposits :approve:

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
You'll struggle for serious interest. I've had a lot of "interested but need to hear somone elses opinion" for the spax kit over the last year. Only now there's a number of sets on cars are people prepared to take the plunge

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No, warranty FTW.

You don't even own a clio you bender.

And all units will carry a 12 month guarantee.

I've got a full set. I may look into getting them on a car and reviewed.