ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idling/rev holding problem with Saxo VTS

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum or not, but it is a technical fault, and know a few people on here have Saxo Vts/have had them in the past.

Mine has been fine until recently, but now it's hunting a little at idle sometimes, and holding onto revs sometimes when in gear. It's a '52 plate Vts.

Throttle cable seems to still be moving ok, so wondering what could be causing the problem?

Got a Haynes manual and can see there's either an idle control valve or idle stepper motor, could it be something to do with this?

Thanks in advance for any useful comments - I'm meant to be driving it to London on friday and a bit wary of it getting worse. Don't really want to take my Tiger instead as I'd have to leave it parked on the road overnight in Holloway, which seems a bit of a rough area to me when I've been there before!