ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ideas and help- speakers

f355
alright guys,
Im thinking about purchasing 2 pairs of 13cm speakers to go with my jvc KD-LHX551. Many people saying "buy components up front?" Is this nessercery adding another pair of tweeters together with the standard ones on the dash? Surely the treb would be overpowering and making the sound tinny?

What is the best setup, and best budget speakers for good quality sound?
help and ideas needed here, cheers

Clio 182
HI Diamond Kid,

I can say that there is a huge improvment with components over standard co axial speakers. The sound is alot crisper and better placed. It does depend on the speakers but my MB QUART referance sound very well balanced indeed. I would strongly recommend using an amplifyer to get the best out of the speakers.

To be honest you get what you pay for and I would recommend using a good audio installer to at least get some ideas on speakers for your buget etc, You may also be able to have a listen and see what you like!

There are some very good online retailers such as caraudiodirect.com and caraudiosecurity that cliosport members seem to like!

I hope my rant helps?
Rich :)

f355
if i was to install the speakers using the existing wires in the doorcards, would the standard tweeters on the dash still work along with the tweeters from the components?
:dapprove:
cheers

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
if i was to install the speakers using the existing wires in the doorcards, would the standard tweeters on the dash still work along with the tweeters from the components?
cheers

I've asked this same question in another thread, no answers as yet though :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
cheers

yes, as your componant tweeters would get their power from the crossover