ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg silver phase 1

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Hello everyone,

The names jordan. Picked up a phase 1 172 recently. I also own a phase 1 megane 225.

Got it for £1000 with 41k on the clock from an elderly woman on disability (crazy I know).

Now the bodywork is in need of some serious TLC which I will be tending to. One thing that does concern me is the loud whining the car makes. If anyone could shed some light that would be great.

Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Welcome to the forum.

What circumstances does it whine? When you rev it, driving, stationary etc

Has it had the belts done?

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Welcome to the forum.

What circumstances does it whine? When you rev it, driving, stationary etc

Has it had the belts done?

Cheers mate and thanks for the reply.

It's when driving. Gradually getting louder as the revs climb. I think the cambelt could be tight.

It has had the belts done but whether the garage was any good or not I don't know because I checked the cam seals and they're old.

Just ordered new oils and filters so I might give mark black a ring and ask about doing the belts and pulleys as he works on the meg.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
So the cars booked in at RS tuning for the belts and possible dephaser. Happy days.