ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg Ph2 Cup Resurrection

Clio 172 Merc ML55
So I guess the clio bug really is starting to bite me, not content with just my track car that a few people may have glanced at (see here if you haven't http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ads-172-track-toy-project.767157/)
I've decided to start this off too.

I only ever bought this cup as a parts donor but after having had it sat around for nearly 4 months, with the track car away having work done, and my daily off the road (that's another story :wink:) I thought I'd make my limited spare time even more limited :smile:. Did some digging and it turns out this really is one of only 33 iceberg cups produced with climate control, and needs 'saving'.

So onto today and my first proper poke around inside, things aren't too bad, needs a full set of seats and a few trim pieces, airbag system surprisingly intact bar the obvious missing bits, on the whole it's OK, not perfect but workable.

Outside needs a hell of a good clean, doesn't help that next door are having a big extension built so dust is getting everywhere, couple of small rust spots on rare arches but sills seem solid, have popped the plastic sill covers off and had a poke/prod.

Bought the car knowing it needed the belts and dephaser doing, so will be pulling the engine and box out before long as there's a couple of small oil leaks as well that I'd like to address at the same time, in fairness I think it's pas fluid but I'll check again first.

DSC_0244.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0242.JPG
DSC_0245.JPG
DSC_0246.JPG

Going forward the plan is to replace/refresh parts as needed, be boring and go back to standard with this one, I want a car I can use of a weekend, I love the daily driver but it's a big old barge, and thirsty being a v8.

Ads

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Daily is a ML55 :smile: absolutely love it but it is a tank lol.

Screenshot_2017-03-16-21-37-51.png

Hopefully progress will be swift but it all depends on how many pennies go into the other clio as that's the more important one at the moment

Ads