ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE upgrading!

1.2 16v clio
both speakers are 5.25" or 13cm they should be a direct fit in the front and rear

you need components for the front the tweeter location may be tricky i personally mounted mine on the dashboard since im not fussed about the oem look

juice audio is ok for starters but i personally would just look on ebay im pretty sure you can source other equipment cheaper and better

I dont want the crossover box/s on show and i don't mind pulling my dash off so maybe i could mount them inside that. Not worried about that tbh.

Im worried about the fitment for the tweeters, and are they straight out and in?

What would you suggest for better?

Also if im wiring up 2 amps. 1 4 channel for the speakers and the other for the sub, whats the best route to go down because when buying a new HU i cannot find where they specify how many RCA outputs they have in the back. If they only have one and i buy a splitter does that have any effect on the audio output?...

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
tweeters - i have alpine tweeters, they have a little box on them.
go to halfords and get some bullet connectors, take your dash out, remove and unplug tweeters, chop connector off, crimp female bullet conector to wires on the clio, and male on tweeter, connect up see if it works, if not swap wires, then where the old tweeters sat, just chop away at the plastic till it fits, i got a nice tight fit.
best way to do it is get your tweeters and take your dash out and just have a look if they would fit.

Im surprised there isnt a bigger discussion about them as surely alot of people would have upgraded these.

16.5cm, wouldnt that mean abit of DIY work to the front door cards?

​Im used to 6x9's in the rear and i think it feels strange with no rear sound. I can tell :p