ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE for mk3 advice

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
Hi,

I'm in the middle of notching up a price list for all the part's i'm going to need for a new system for the mk3. So far i'm opting for 2 compenent's up front with 2 rears - all amped up with a 4 channel amp I have from my old install, and also two of these http://www.edaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_27&products_id=32 in the boot.

The only thing is i'm not to sure about what kind of amp I'd need to power these two subs at 4-ohm each.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

A slow one :-(
Just my 2 pence worth but would you not get a better sound by running the 1 amp.

Junk the rear speakers, buy 1 good sub. Use your current amp on bridge for the Sub, and then other 2 channels for the fronts?

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
Just my 2 pence worth but would you not get a better sound by running the 1 amp.

Junk the rear speakers, buy 1 good sub. Use your current amp on bridge for the Sub, and then other 2 channels for the fronts?

That is another option. I had that setup for my old system but it was to bass heavy and not enough mid, then again the comps weren't amped. Does it make alot of difference them being amped? Obv alot depend's on the quality of the amp.

A slow one :-(
Yes deffo!

I am running my standard front speakers amped of a Diamond Audio D1 300.4 amp and it sounds so so much better. Well I was until the wiring cocked up my heater controls!

Will be upgrading the fronts when I have got another spare 300 quid!

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
Yes deffo!

I am running my standard front speakers amped of a Diamond Audio D1 300.4 amp and it sounds so so much better. Well I was until the wiring c**ked up my heater controls!

Will be upgrading the fronts when I have got another spare 300 quid!

Cool, looks like this seems the better option then. I'm planning on getting a set of rainbows, namely the Rainbow SLC230 Kick's. These are listed as max 150W. These will be amped by a Magnat 4500, spec's are here

Phantom4500-1.jpg

My knowledge on all this is pretty damn poor im afraid! I am trying to get my head round things though. My question now would be which sub would be recommended for this setup to allow it to run sweetly?

Any advice much appreciated!

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
RMS detail's are as follows....

RMS power output into 4 ohms

for channels - 1-4

Stereo - 4x135 Watt

Bridge boat - 2x275 Watt

RMS power output into 2 ohms

for channels - 1-4

Stereo - 4x95 Watt

Am I right in thinking the max I can go is about a 300RMS sub bridged at 4 ohms with components on the other two channels?