ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich.

Void your warranty to get something a year later than you should?

Not the best advice.

HTC warranty does not become void if you root your device, only the software support gets declined. I've had 2 rooted HTC's go back for warranty repair and have had no problems. Phone manufactures are even letting you do the first step (unlocking the bootloader) officially and easy

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've done an Android update today and since then my phone will NOT work!! Can only use wifi.

anyone else having issues?? can't ring orange to ask them! (HTC sensation xe on orange)

I've had this update in the last few days. It's disgraceful. made my phone unusable for several days, although it does settle down eventually.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've had this update in the last few days. It's disgraceful. made my phone unusable for several days, although it does settle down eventually.

And Evil Giraffe do you work for some sort of IT Helpdesk? I must've restarted the bloody thing about 10 times last night. Eventually at about 11pm a flood of text came through and answerphone messages so appears to be working again now. SkyGo isn't working anymore either - but it was on my previous version of ICS (with some file my Android geek boss gave me).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes I do. That's a video of me !

:eek:

Jelly Bean is still working fine for me. Lots of little tweaks that I'm noticing. Only thing I've changed is the keyboard back to how it was. They changed it so it predicts your next words, which annoys the crap out of me and also means you have to go hunting for punctuation.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Jelly Bean is still working fine for me. Lots of little tweaks that I'm noticing. Only thing I've changed is the keyboard back to how it was. They changed it so it predicts your next words, which annoys the crap out of me and also means you have to go hunting for punctuation.

Looking splendid sir!

I usually ask my boss about all this google/htc stuff cos he's the biggest google geek i've ever met and is a bit OTT for me.

What's my new version? Is this Jellybean? Android version - 4.0.3 and HTC Sense version 3.6.

I just want my SkyGO back!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
HTC warranty does not become void if you root your device, only the software support gets declined. I've had 2 rooted HTC's go back for warranty repair and have had no problems. Phone manufactures are even letting you do the first step (unlocking the bootloader) officially and easy
Oh yes it does!! It might depend on what repair they carry out though, as mine went back a few times without a problem, but the latest time they've told me its been rooted and the warranty is void!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking splendid sir!

What's my new version? Is this Jellybean? Android version - 4.0.3 and HTC Sense version 3.6.

Fanx babe.

JB is 4.1.x

Looks like you've been updated to some slightly newer version of ICS. Maybe from vanilla to chocolate ? What does the phone taste like now ?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Is this pretty easy to do? I've updated my Nexus and this is one of the notable changes that really annoys me!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've just spotted it now, Input settings and in advanced, disable next word prediction. Seems to be fine now!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Tbh I personally wouldn't buy any device that wasn't a pure google device.

I also wouldn't have touched an android device with a barge pole prior to jellybean. (Mainly because of point 1, but also because of its not quite of polished feel)

However, I may well be tempted to try the next iteration of pure google hardware, not interested in the current nexus as its outdated (hardware wise!).

Google still scare me as a company, much more than Microsoft ever did (when they were at their "most evil").

I think apple have lost the plot a bit, ios6 is lacklustre, yes, it's polished and refined - but it still takes many major versions for them to cede and put in features that should have been there since release 2. And don't get me started with maps in ios6, there's going to be a lot of very unhappy iPhone owners when the general release is made public.