ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ibiza Bocanegra

ive lurked over on sc an have been very interested in the cupra/fr i will be looking at them

power is nice but you have to know its going to stop id give more consideration into brakes now ive felt brembos on a leon they are impressive

Believe me...you will stop fine lol. I went from r27, obviously with brembos and I have no problem with the standard brakes on the ibiza. Unless u are going to track your car, the brakes are spot on.

Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra
I've got one with racing brakes and trust me they are phenomenal, infact they are the same AP racing 4-pots as found on the clio V6. I wouldn't want racing compound for day to day driving as it takes a while to warm up anyway.

I agree with you all on the standard stance! I've got eibach coilovers and a whiteline rear ARB on mine and has sorted things out nicely. I had mine on the awesome GTi rolling road and it made 195BHP and 280Nm. I'll post the graph if your interested.

Next on the list Revo (220BHP) and black roof.

Joined the site as i'm really loving the clio 200's and fancied a nosey.

Some pics if your interested.

CIMG3287.jpg

CIMG3298.jpg

CIMG3300-1.jpg

P4100585.jpg

CIMG3305-1.jpg

looks good mardon...some nice pics there. good to see you made over to CS for a wee nosey...CS is good forum with loads of people from differing motoring backgrounds

Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra
Well im planning a trip to the ring in September so also wanted to see if anyone from this site would be heading over then.

Blast from the past...resurrected an old thread. Recently changed my 2009 Bocanegra for a 2011 Bocanegra. This car continues to tick all the boxes for me. I have carried out a few modications on it...

As standard, this is the car when I collected it ...

WP_000269.jpg

WP_000266.jpg

WP_000268.jpg

It didn't take me too long long setting about the modifications. First mod I got done was some 'carbon dipping' on the engine cover ...

WP_000315.jpg

Next, I picked up a Leon Cupra R splitter for the car. I got it slightly modified with some plastic welding and then sprayed gloss black to match in with the rest of the car ...

DSC_9416.jpg

Splitter then fitted to car ...

DSC_9421.jpg

DSC_9422.jpg

So, the next step then was to fit an induction kit, supplied by Forge, and an Audi R8 oil cap...

DSC_9448.jpg

With the induction kit fitted, there is much more pull through the gears and a pretty nice noise generated and coming into the cabin. So, as standard, the car generates 180bhp. With the induction kit fitted, am probably getting about 5-10bhp extra.

Next stage, I felt that the car was riding a little high on the standard springs and shocks. So, some H&R lowering springs were ordered and fitted. Some Team Heko wind deflectors also fitted ...

DSC_9482.jpg

DSC_9485.jpg

The car feels good on the lowered springs...although it does feel a lot stiffer at the back going over speed bumps.

Funds pending, I am keen to get a milltek cat-back fitted. Overall, am happy with how the car drives and looks at the moment.

I really love these cars. I know that they aren't to everyones taste, but they are such fun. The DSG is good craic, with seamless gear changes. It is cheap to tax and insure. I can easily see 45-48mpg on a good motorway run, but usually I tend to get about 36-38mpg.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Looks nice, but really not a fan of the automatic gearbox or the light steering after driving one.

Listerine & Poledo
I thought Bocas came with full leather?

I love them anyway, but, well, it's a SEAT! Toledo 4life

Listerine & Poledo
A new Polo is just as grey and dank as a new Ibiza.

Leather and panoramic roof would be ticked options before I even got to choosing a colour.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good choice mate, so much more unique than the usual Ibiza/Polo pish. Least it has something about it. Nice mods. Needs exhaust though! ;)

Looks good, but lacks something to mark it our from the rest of the range IMO.

Appreciate the comments guys. I thought this car DID stand out from the rest of the range lol. Visually, it is different. As standard, the ride height is lower than rest of the range. I also believe it has a slightly wider track from the rest of the range. The interior finish to these cars is also a step up from the rest of the range. This car is really well specced...full panoramic sunroof, electric heated seats, bi-xenons, Bluetooth, MP3 connectivity, auto-dim interior mirror, rear parking sensors and much more.

In terms of leather interior that was mentioned, I know that the cupra has a full leather optional extra, but I'm not sure that that option was available for the Bocanegras. I have seen a Boc with leather, but I can't remember if that was a UK spec car.

I will be holding on to this car for another year or so and then think I will have a look at something else, e.g. GT86 really takes my fancy. Could be tempted by the new RS Clio ;)

Last edited: