ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Want To Make A Website, How?

Afternoon folks,

I'm quite interested in making my own website, maybe even adding a forum to it.

I have absolutely no idea what so ever on how to do it.

Will need a full walk through of everything.

Can some kind person explain to me or point me in the right direction?

Ta
Mike

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Dreamweaver is an application that you can use to create a website. It has lots of help on there.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Ive have it from a friend of a friend of a friend. lol. Dont know if it works on Mac.

You will also need a server/host to upload your website to, and set that up in Dreamweaver, usually costs a little £ a month. Loads available.

You can get dreamweaver for MAC. i use it on my Macbook.

Any application will do though, although im not too sure on many for the MAC, i just use dreamweaver.

You will also need a host to host your pages and you will also need the domain name to point to your host.

Normally pay annually for a host.
Domain names are like £6 for 2 years for a .co.uk or £15 for 2 years for a .com

Any questions give us a shout over PM, I can do you a good deal on a hosting package ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
wordpress, joomla, opensourcecms all good for beginners.

worth trying them out first if you want features, then look into building urself at a later date.

dont bother with dreamweaver though.

Ay, best bet is notepad but dreamweaver is very good for beginers who can just use the design mode.

Wordpress is easy, altho your host will have to supply databases in the hosting package then it just as simple as finding a nice theme you like then applying it in the WP admin panel.