ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want to do a 1/4 mile run..

Can anyone tell me what i have to do to take part in a 1/4 mile run at York raceway??? Ive never done any track days or runs before.......soz if its a stupid question...:confused:

williams and trophy

turn up on sunday....with ur drivin license n a crash helmet if uv got 1

go to scrutineering, get ur ticket , go sign in, line up

easy innit

lol

they do have helmets for hire if u dont have 1 but id advise u to take ur own

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah thats good advice about the helmets LOL they are seriously rank, you wouldnt wanna put your hand inside them, let alone your head! If you wanna go 1/4miling for the first time, best to go when a few of us are going along anyway, and youll see whats what when you get there. But basically its as Jon said above. If in doubt, at York theres a sign on hut. Just park up where everyone else is, then go in the hut and ask what to do and theyre very helpful.

Thanks for the advice, I think i mite have dodge down to York on Sunday....does anyone know if there is many clios going from this forum??

might go aswell, where can I buy a helmet from and how much do these RWYB days cost?

Damn helmet = extra weight, it might be the deciding factor in me getting the fastest time!

hehe, most bike shops have budget helmets for £50 mate, more than enough, unless your planning on crashing

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well you dont have to wear one @ crail thats for sure.. but then I cant see how they are a bad idea.

You can crash quite easily in a straight line.. blowout.. debries on the strip etc.

Just an extra safety precaution.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

You only need a helmet at the pod if you are going to cross the quarter at over 100mph!