ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Think My Immobiliser Is Locked On.

clio 1.2
Had troubles a week back, bump started it and it was fine. But now it wont start at all. when i turn the ignition on, the red L.E.D next to the stop light keeps flashing and doesn't stop. The engine turns over but wont fire. Anybody had this problem? And how was it solved?

clio 1.2
when i bought the car i only got one key. the doors and everything work fine with the key it just seems to be looked on. But getting it diagnosed do they plug it into a computer and find out that way ive heard?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yep, they use a daignostic comp and source teh problem. The key will still work with teh doors even if teh immobiliser bit is broken.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
HAlf an hours labour intially so round about £35. Hopefully it might just need recoded which will be included in that charge. 2 new plip keys are £150 plus vat but ask for a discount, you might get it!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If your red light is flashing the Plip has lost its code - you will need to hook it up to a "clip" diagnostic and enter your overide code to reprogram the key. It takes 2 minutes to do and Renault will charge you the pricely sum of between £30 & £50