ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"I think its just polish"

Well, today i went and looked at a new car. I have been searching and searching and can't seem to find one i like. Any how, today i went and looked at a 1.4 05 Dynamique, in Black with 37000 miles on the clock.

The dealer wanted £4000 for it, which seemed a little on the high side seeing as i bought a 1.2 05 last year with 33k on the clock for £4k.

Anyone, i got there having no idea what the car looked like as there was no pictures on the advert. The first thing that struck me was the alloy wheels on it - they wern't standard, however they didnt look that bad. Team Dynamics of somekind i think.

Anyway, looking around the car and it was in great condtion, interior was immaculate and it was HPI clear.

Then somthing cought my eye... the rear quater seemed to be covered in orange peel... the whole panel and it was quiet obvious the more i looked.

The dealer came over and was asking if everything was alrighth and i pointed this out to him, so he started to rub it, covering it in dust trying to hide it (by then i was trying to not laugh) then he came out with a classic... "I think its just the polish you know".

Then i did start laughing, classic or what! He then went on to say every car has some paint touch ups on it. But it was quiet clear that this wasnt keyed or anything, as i could start to see some dings which look like they had been filled.

Piss poor job what ever happend.

Still looking for a car now :( Pissing me off!

Megane 225 F1
Where was this too mate? I saw a 1.4 2005 with 37k black before i got mine but realsied the rear quater had a dif shade of black lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Why dont you buy private?

No salesman, absolutley no obligation and theres more chance to get money off if the cambelt is due etc and so on.

Id never buy another car from a dealer!

Bradford on Avon Willst!
Sounds like it was the same car :)

Danny, i think thats the way i will be going no!
Although, he was selling it from his own house... not sure how he works it.

Megane 225 F1
When i looked at the car it was near radstock. But then i rang the guy up to try and get him to lower the price by a couple of k he said he had traded it so i guess its now gone to the dealer you found.

Megane 225 F1
no it didnt have them wheels...however it is the same number plate. seems someone bought it, decided they didnt like it and traded it in LOL

mmm not a massive fan of the alloys, surely there are loads of black clio's for sale in your price range??

i much prefer buying from a garage, i hate buying/selling privately

Renaultsport 200
4k for a 1.2? Is that what they go for?

Fook me, a very very very good 172 can be had for that money.

Megane 225 F1
I beleive the insurance for this lad would be close to 4k also as hes still a pup :eek:

thats why i didnt do it. the garage i bought mine from had a black 172 parked next to the black 1.4 i bought. was only £300 more, but i couldnt afford insurance so i didnt

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Anything above £1000 for insurance is lunacy tbh guys.

Your doing it the best way, when the time comes, you appreciate it so much more!

350Z GT
My brothers clio was like a patch work quilt, theres a fair few snotters out there.

Sounds like my car, isnt HPI listed but in the sun or in photo's can tell the front end has been changed at some point. Only paid £1000 for it though so not complaining and it looks fine when cleaned up!

Would never pay over the odds for a car which has obviously had work done HPI clear or not.

Well i paid £4k for my Clio last year... if i wanted to buy that car now it seems like i would need to spend up to £5k... Crazy stuff going on.

I actually didn't know it had those alloys... i went to view it with out seeing photos, they were added today after i left.

Dodgy one
I went to see about a Silver 182 at a Doncaster dealership and got a similar response. The rear quater must have been painted by Stevie wonder the paint shade was miles off and there was overspray under the arch.

So i pointed it out to him he tried blagging it, I told him what i did for a job and he said yeah it has but hasnt almost every car on the road had a bump erm :nono:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It's worth it trust me :approve:

Shame about that, loads of dodgy dealers around Wilts!

Hmm debatable for me tbh

Cracking good fun but 1k for insurance?

VTS/GTi route first before i start spunking that kinda cash away, each to there own though ;)