ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Swear My Car is Laughing at Me

S4 Avant
Driving out of work to drop the post at the post office, I noticed one of my xenons was out. 3rd time in a year. "f**king great" I thought. Drove back to the warehouse and took them both apart, swapped parts over, and found that both bulbs were fine, the starter was causing the problem.

Dried the starter on a heater, that didn't work, still wouldn't light the bulb. Looked at the spring mechanism and straightened it up, that didn't work either. Eventually got fed up and looked on eBay for a new starter. Found one for £33, buy it now, brilliant. So 2 hours later I test the bulb one last time and it still doesn't work.

Put the car back together to drive home, turn the key and both f**king lights come on?!@!

Pissed off doesn't describe how I'm feeling. Is it just my car that likes to fix itself?!

DCi 100
My passenger one didn't work afew times last Nov-ish, on off and they've been fine for ages now :S

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
The definition of a french car is that it'll take the piss out of you by falling apart and generally breaking, but as soon as you say the words, 'F**k this! I'm going German/Jap!', its fixes itself and charms the pants off of ya again! FACT!