ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I/R sensor rusted....

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
As per the norm, my 95 RSi has a leaky sunroof :(
Yesterday the car wouldnt start, the recovery guy said it seemed to be the imobiliser.
The remote locking hasnt worked since i bought it in Feb.
I have taken the remote sensor apart and the board is quite rusty :( and 2 of the resistors thingys have started to come away from the board.
I am thinking about taking it to a tv repair shop (they do lots of circiut board work)

Has anyone had this before, and how did you sort it ?

Will i need it reprogrammed when/if its fixed ?

The recovery guy checked the normal bits, no spark from the plugs etc
So its seems to be the imobiliser...

Any help/ideas would be a great help :D

Cheers Keith

did you find anything out about this as im having similar issues with my dailty run around 1.4 sport. they key only works when you point it straight at the sensor so locking and unlocking is now done by the key and the sensor only works when it wants so sometimes im sat there for 5 minutes trying to get the imobiliser off. the centre sensor has also come away on one pin.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You CAN repair them, and its probably the sort of thing your TV repair man can do. Just tell him not to change the value of any components he has to replace and ask him to clean and lacquer the board after he has re soldered it.

It wont need re-programming as its only a receiver the decoding is done further down the line.