ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I-Phone

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I entered a competiton months ago through a mag that I subcribe to, to win an I-phone and a top spec I-Pod Video.

I have had the I-Pod for months know and really like it. The I-phone arrived last night, so got it out the box, and had a look at it, my intention was to keep it for a few months see what it was like and then think about selling it on.

TBH I am not overly impresed, for one the battery is classic apple, its fixed in place with no way to remove it. Secondly the finger prints, bloody hell its like a magnet to them. I had it out the box for all of 10mins and the thing was covered, luckily they come off with the use of a microfibre cloth, but it does make it difficult to see the screen some times.

I put my Orange sim card into it to see if it would make calls but unfortuantley the phone is locked down, so will only let me make emegency calls. Thing is it arrived as an unbranded phone there are no signs that it is an O2 model, and my Orange contract allows me access to web browsing on my K850i.

Is there anything I can do or am I better off getting an O2 Sim to use the phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Has it been activated?

If it has 1.1.1 then you can use it on orange, 1.1.2 then thats o2 only mate.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Ah TBH i never thought of that, as all the phones I have ever had have been activated in store.

I will have to have a look see what it has, if its 1.1.2 is there anyway of changing this? I am guessing that as the phone is brand new trying to find the unlocking software will be a mission.

Oh and another thing the software that they supply for some reason works fine on standard XP but on my laptop with Vista it wont do anything.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
if its 1.1.2 there is no unlock solution at present.

download itunes 7.5, that should solve the issues.