ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i phone on 3 network?

bmw 318ci coupe
im sure this has prob been asked before but is there deffo no way of making the iphone work with a 3 sim card? im sure some wizkid has craked it.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
From what I've heard, it is possible to do, but it's not really worth it. As when you update the iphone software (periodic Apple software updates I expect) if it senses that the phone has been 'hacked' it basically turns the phone into a pretty expensive brick.

Also, from what I've heard, there's going to be a new version of the iphone out pretty soon. Don't know if that's going to end up on O2, or if they'll pick other(s) to put it on.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think o2 have the UK exclusive on this and any other model of iPhone for the next 3-5 years.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I'm pretty sure it won't work on 3 from a hardware level. E.G. I just doesn't have the correct hardware to work with their network.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
From what I've heard, it is possible to do, but it's not really worth it. As when you update the iphone software (periodic Apple software updates I expect) if it senses that the phone has been 'hacked' it basically turns the phone into a pretty expensive brick.

Thats got nowt to do with what network though. For example my GF's iphone is being used on vodafone just now. As long as you don't update it, its fine. After a new firmware is out it normally takes a few days till the hacked version is released.

But you don't have to update the phone if you don't want to. When its asks in itunes... just click no ;)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
even if you did update it....you could still restore it to a previous version all this iphone bricking is just a load of bs and only happened if yuor messing around with the baseband and do something stupid, which in most cases is still repairable.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet

Thats got nowt to do with what network though. For example my GF's iphone is being used on vodafone just now. As long as you don't update it, its fine. After a new firmware is out it normally takes a few days till the hacked version is released.

But you don't have to update the phone if you don't want to. When its asks in itunes... just click no ;)

Like I said it was only what I'd heard, I don't actually have one myself, as I thought they were a bit overpriced considerring the cost of the contract.

I've also not really had a massive play around with one either, just a quick browse on a mates at work.