ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Love Renualt Service

dk

911 GTS Cab

Well, for all the bloody moaning that goes on around here I thought I would post something nice for a change about Renault.

As many of you know, I have had a clutch problem from new (now done 22k) and it seemed to get worse a few weeks ago at Brands making a wierd noise so I thought I would get it sorted.

Took it to the dealer and they admitted a fault and booked it in for 2 days as it is apparently a big job replacing the clutch as the gearbox has to come out first.

Fine I thought, took it in yesterday morning, got a courtesy car as promised and set about my day expecting to pick my baby up later today.

Got a call at 3pm yesterday to say its all done and I can come and pick it up.

Picked it up this morning and I can honestly say it was the least amount of hassle I have had with Renault. They did it under warranty without even making a comment (its had a hard life and 22k with 5 track days so I expected some sort of comment about it being my fault)

They even said that the clutch was like new and had very little wear which was obviously due to the way I drive it.

So I am a VERY happy person and thought I would let you all know!

Makes a change. good to hear though just wish they could work on the V6 with no hassle and know what they are doing!

Last year my mums car (1998 Clio 1.2RN) kept cutting out randomly every time we drove it. It would then need to be left for 5 minutes until it would start again.

Weve heard our fair share of horror stories about Renault dealers, but we took it to them for a diagnostic check, and they found that the TDC sensor had broken.

They replaced it, and even were so kind to charge half price for the diagnostic check as it took half the time. (Usually they charge for a full hour). The total price of the check, the sensor and fitting came to about £70 so Dixons Renault in Barnsley, I salute you.

See ya

Matt

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 21 May 2005
Would help if you posted it in the right section tho David! Mat.

pah, nobody ever looks at the dealer section if thats where you think it should go and I never check mechanical and from all the crap posted in clio discussion, at least this is regarding a clio so I thought id put it here as we always moan about renault and their dealers but very few people actually put praising posts up so I thought I would start one off.:D

(Probably not good that I cant even spell Renault in the topic subject though!:oops:)

Black 182 + Recaros

I have a good story too....

I was quoted £139 for suspension work. Unfortunately they quoted incorrectly. It should have cost £240, but they honoured the original quote.

I was very happy.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Never had a problem with my dealer,infact they are as good a dealer as i have ever used.

The saleswoman always makes a point of coming over to say Hi and ask how the car is on the few occasions i have popped in. :D