ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I have to get the dash out.....HOW

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I have got all my ICE and need to get the dash out to fit the adapter lead to allow the remote to work.

Its the latest 172 but dont know for sure how it comes out. I have been told its only 3 screws...but which 3.

Also if I disconnect the airbag, andwhen I put it all back will the warning light need to be reset?? I have been told that the dealer would do that...but Im sure they would want paying for that or do they do for free?

On the MK1172 (same interior as my RXE I think?)the dash comes off by removing 8 screws. Youll need a torque screwdriver for this.

3 are along the edge of the windscreen where the windscreen vents are (you can see them better from outside the car looking in).
2 are at the ends of the dash (the bits obscurred when the doors are shut)
3 are on the underside steering binacle in recessed holes.

Youll also have to remove the A pillar mouldings (they just unclip)

It then just lifts out.

Ive been taking mine off regularly for tweaking the alarm sensitivity (cobra 0144) and changing my dials to white.

Silver Fabia vRS

You dont need to take the dash out Chris! I fitted my mates Sony for test purposes last night and all I had to do was disconnect the radio and plug the headunit in. From what I could see the adapter only needed to be connected to the ISO connectors?

Geoff

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Apparently it is an interface box and a lead, so I found out today. The interface plugs into the socket of the display via a 15 pin Moolex plug and the lead, as you say, then plugs into the ISO. So the dash has to come out to gain access to the display. Bummer!

Have been quoted £35+vat to do so think Ill be letting them do it as if the airbag is dissd the light will show on the dash and will need to be reset, another £30+.

Does anyone have any experience in removing a Clio 172 MK2 dash?.
The screws seem to be the same as indicated for the MK1, but after removing these I still cant get the dash off.

Yup, they are off.
Is the airbag part of the dashboard coming off as well? (it does not in the mk1).

And where do I start "pulling" to take the dash off, once all screws are removed? (and the a-pillars yes)
Or are there any more screws compared to the mk1?

Ive removed the 3 screws at the air-inlet under the windscreen, the 2 screws "hidden" at the side of the dash, and the 2 screws whicht are under the top part of the steering-wheel-housing.

There should be one more screw at the bottom of the steering binacle also. You have to remove the steering binacle (theres a top half and bottom half on the MKI.)

Ahhh, then there are two more screws at the bottom of the instrument binacle...sorry, I forgot about these.

Hi, there our more screws under the two trim carbon looking bits on the dash one says air bag they just pull off; the dash is very tight to pull out its also held in buy clips, we had our dash out to change the tweeters hope this helps

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I have been quoted £25 to fit the lead by my local ICE/alarm Co, so I guess they get the job. Its not worth the fannying about for £25!!!