ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I HAVE A WONKY STEERING WHEEL!! REALLY ANNOYING! LOL

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
hey peeps...

really bugging me now but i have a wonky steering wheel lool proper anoying! any suggestions as to why it looks asif its turning left instead of forward lol

best not be anything seriouse :|

DSC01127.jpg

thanks... :race:

no idea.. i just know that the steering wheel looks asif im turning left slightly when in actual fact im going in a straight line :S.. it wasnt like this when i bought the car a few months ago it just been getting gradually worse..

yer.. theres about 4million bloomin speed bumps in my area no kidding lol.. bloody ridiculess! but anyway.. back to the problem.. i havent got a clue whats happend mechanicly i can just say that the steering wheel is not alligned with the actual wheels :S

how much would it cost to set it right again??? is there any long/short term damage that can be caused if it isnt corrected???

Just pop it into some place that deals with whel alignment, shoudln't take long to fix.
yer easier said than done.. how do i do that? :S

just read that back lol.. i thought you said just pop it back into place.. then read again and saw it said pop into a place that does it lol my stupidity comes with tiredness at 2 in the mornin :D i dont know any places that do wheel allignment.. only tires and stuff in my town.. some names of companies in and around nottingham please would be helpful :)

Look in the yellow pages & call one of them up (the place will say they do tracking/alignment checks) Most do laser alignment these days.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
  www.renparts.co.uk
not good for it to be like that, its wearing your tires out quicker though, although not strictly true your tires are equivalent to been something like this
/ \

lol dont worry bout it.. road was empty i dont usualy make a habbit of using y phone whilst driving.. rather offputting but just wanted to show the steering wheel at an angle on a straight road. thanks for the concern though

and yer it was a little foggy

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
my wheel is slightly 2-4 degress tilted to the right, the car tracks fine and if i set it straight( wheels straight) it runs in a straight line with no deviation but the steering wheel is ever so slightly out. its always been like that mind you so was my laguna
any sort of a quick fix.

the tracking was done not so long ago (1-2 months)

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
I too have the same problem as Jaff87, car drives in a straight line just the steering wheel isn't straight when it does, on older cars you could just take the wheel off and put it back on straight, but Im guessing you can't do that with Clio's (2002 1.6 Dynamique), some sensor or something?

Any advice on what to do?

Cheers

Mark

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
So it could be that the tracking on both wheels is way out? I always thought if you hit the kerb on one side you would end up with.

/ | or \ |

so to get both out and by a similar amount is strange, when the new tyres go to get fitted I will get the tracking done, if the wheel is still wonky what other options are there?