ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate ebay!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  R35 GTR
A few weeks ago I bought a 182 manifold for 122 outside of ebay, but that went tits up, fortunately the guy give me my money back as it was his mate that screwed us both.long story.

Well now, I bought a 172 bumper, fogs, and both grill of there.

Item said New and in good working condition.

They were delivered late, just got them today, and they were only packed in bubble wrap!!!!!!

The grill isnt a 172 grill, do i have a case??? I requested a refund.

Da

Trader Rating - 100%
48   0   0
  Less
i know how you feel mate, my cup spoiler was mis-described but the general consencus on here is that it wasn't misleading, just shyed away from the whole truth. Currently chasing the c-unit who ripped me off but :banghead: springs to mind!

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  R35 GTR
Here is the description, for legal reasons I dont think i can post any of the sellers details, but this is the facts:

Description
s.gif
() Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Specifics[/FONT]
s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Condition: [/FONT]New

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
You are bidding Renault 172 Clio front bumper, Silver with grills and 2x spot lights all in good working condition

I recieved a well used bumper, not too bad i though, but paint looks s**t when looking through inside bubble wrap.

Grill is not a 172 grill.

None of it is new.

Da

Trader Rating - 100%
48   0   0
  Less
was there any pics mate? As that description doesn't specify it as a 172 grill. I fear you may struggle there.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  R35 GTR
Yes, i fear that may be the case too, but the whole lot was described as new, and it was poorly packaged, and may be damaged.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i had this with my rear bumper wos packed with binbags and said a few minor scrathes but then i got it those scratches were big gouges! but couldnt be botherd with all the faf on with sending him e-mails etc :(

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Have you contacted the seller to discuss the points you raise? I would suggest this is your first point of call before making any rash or emotion-based decisions.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  R35 GTR
DarthCake said:
Have you contacted the seller to discuss the points you raise? I would suggest this is your first point of call before making any rash or emotion-based decisions.

I know, just looking to see if item description was good enough or not. I have already had success with one claim back through paypal this month.

Will probably be sending this back, if they let me.....

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Personally, yes I think the description isn't terribly accurate and the packaging isn't really very good. Especially if there is damage to it. If there is no damage then all you can do is complain its not very good. Afterall unless the item is at fault then theres nothing really wrong with it.

Next time, double and triple check the description, ask a thousand questions and get photographs too.

I bought a lens for my camera outside of ebay - trust me when I say we exchanged alot of emails. Probably 10-20 emails at least.

Good luck. Contact him and discuss the points you've raised and see where it goes. Try and keep a level head.

Trader Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
  CS Dungeon
Your tuff s**t mate,

It dont mention a 172 grill...... just "with grills"

Did you ask prior to bidding?.......obviously not

'NEW' = delivered ready to be painted.......'Silver' does not tell me its new

That packaging is more then sufficient. I have sent 3 bumpers via DHL all bubble wrapped and never had a problem.

Moral of the story..............Ask before you buy

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
you call that wrapping?:S

might aswel of sent it without any lol

and when you say new it wos already painted wasnt it?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave - i'd take it up with the seller, that description is mis-leading as from reading it, you would think that its a 172 grill your getting .
I think you'll have a case as they have it as new, yet you say its not.

Does the seller offer refunds ?
If not go the long way & take it up with ebay (who prob won't give a t*ss tbh - as I speak from experience)

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Mégane RS
yeah i hate ebay, you really do need to email people to clarify its what your after as they are too lazy to do a decent description, have you got the ebay link that you won?

Vinny

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to state the obvious but he clearly says its not a 172 grill, IMO i think he clicked new by mistake when listing the item, by reading the item description you can clearly tell it isn't new.

Sorry mate but i think you are fighting a losing battle but good luck anyways!

Trader Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
  CS Dungeon
cat171 said:
Dave - i'd take it up with the seller, that description is mis-leading as from reading it, you would think that its a 172 grill your getting......Presumption is the brother of all f**k-ups
I think you'll have a case as they have it as new, yet you say its not..... New would of been finished in primer as it comes from the dealer I believe, the fact he has stated it is silver tells me it is not new and that the buyer should of used his loaf

Does the seller offer refunds ?
If not go the long way & take it up with ebay (who prob won't give a t*ss tbh - as I speak from experience)....As you say mate, ebay wont give 2 sh*ts (I speak from personal experience too lol)

Get it straight back on ebay mate and try to recoup some of your cash