ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I got no blow :(

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Right being new to a "modern" Clio, is the blow from the climate control really this week ? I have only had the car a few days but i would have thought it should actually feel like its blowing out hot air on full fan.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A guy on here, by the name if Alex W, recently repaired a car where the motor was worried up backwards and the vents were sucking in air not blowing it out! Lol

Basics though, check all the flimsy heater pipes are connected properly, (dash top off, fairly straightforward job) check the pollen filter isn't clogged up with crap (most never get changed!) and go from there.

Clio 182, Jag XJS
I have had a look around the engine bay no pipes lose or broken. Is the fan fused and on its own circuit ? Sorry for all the questions

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What were you doing in the engine bay?? I mean the pipes that connect to the vents on the dash!

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Yer i have checked all inlets and outlets on it I'm worried it might be the control unit now do they go wrong ?

Westfield, 182, 200
If it's a non cup, it may be the heater resistor.
When it fails it either stops completely or runs flat out regardless of the settings on the climate panel.
There's a test where you can bridge the unit out so it runs flat out, try a search on here.
Several people on eBay do an exchange repair for about £30.

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Yay ! its all sorted. I replaced the heater resistor and its back up and running. Thanks for everyones help :)