ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I feel dirty...

Trophy #473
Had the day off so thought I would clean the car as its long overdue! noticed I now own a Renaul... the T must have fallen off. Since purchasing the car 15 months ago ive done 25k miles and getting through PE2's like theres no tomorrow... so, as much as I hated to do this to such a car... ive been forced to stick 4 budgets on as I simply couldnt afford another set :(
Say hello to Fortuna Sport 2000's! and the mandatory whoring...

SDC11679.jpg

SDC11678.jpg

SDC11683.jpg

SDC11682.jpg

SDC11686.jpg

SDC11687.jpg

Tyre review:

They are very 'wobbly', you have get the 'roll' out of them before entering a corner, kind of like trying to drive a softly sprung car fast, other wise they just bounce everywhere, they squeal when not even pushed that hard, they are so appauling when its wet or even slightly damp, less grip than when I used to run R888's in the same conditions. Cost me £220 fitted btw. Horse for courses tbh.

Nathan

Stagecoach Ticket
:( dnt blame you though buddy rubber is expensive if your doing that kind of millage why not get another set of wheels and tyres? like some f1s and keep them in your garage with decent tyres for track/fast road use 15inch tyre prices and just go easy on the road and get the most miles from your s**t tyres

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Whats the point in buying a car that has 2 grands worth of suspension and skimping on the only part that connects you to the road?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Whats the point in buying a car that has 2 grands worth of suspension and skimping on the only part that connects you to the road?

I'm not normally one to preach but I have to agree. I've changed my turinis to some 15" 2118's. Paid just over 250 for 4x PE2's fitted from costco :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I'd agree tbh, i do 30k+ a year, hence why i use 15's (PE2's are about £55 a corner) ... sod using budgets on any car, let alone a Trophy. Afterall, according to ClioTrophy.co.uk, they are the best car in the world!!

Trophy #473

Did you really just ask that question...

Finances wouldnt allow me to buy PE2's at the moment... as I said in my first post. Needs must and all that.
Buying another set of wheels wasnt an option, im not a CS millionare btw...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Did you really just ask that question...

Finances wouldnt allow me to buy PE2's at the moment... as I said in my first post. Needs must and all that.
Buying another set of wheels wasnt an option, im not a CS millionare btw...

Just sell the Turinis!

I just sold mine for £450, after buying some 15" Pro Race 1.2's with new PE2's for £250.

Win win.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Cringe.

Shouldn't be having to change all 4 in one go. That's where you're failing.

Trophy #473
Tried selling them a while ago Dave, I could only get £300 for them as there are a few marks.
People seem to think budgets are widow makers, there not dangerous (in the dry) but you just drive accordingly. Any one that knows me and how I drive will know I havnt fitted them because a 'tyre's and tyre' ;)

Mini Cooper S
i have budgets on the front of mine 'AWFUL' car handles like garbage as soon as i have the cash ill be buying toyo proxy's

CLIO PH1 172
your budgets wernt realy cheap tbh my t1rs were less fitted ? how come you didnt go for these (bad experiance?) i no that some hate them and some love them.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
expensive budgets, when i had turinis i paid £100 for all 4 205/45/16, they were full run

BG182FF
I would choose hankook evos as you can find then slightly more expensive and are best tyres I've had :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Give me a hell yeah!

Just sell the Turinis!

I just sold mine for £450, after buying some 15" Pro Race 1.2's with new PE2's for £250.

Win win.
Didn't buy them off a 1.2 corsa driver by any chance?

You can buy them in Halfrauds, my point rests.

Just to add to lolling.

You skimped on the only thing on your car that makes contact with the road.

Not to you but I love reading of people buying nice brakes or suspension then buy middle of the road tyres.

I feel lucky I had it drummed into me since I started driving. Fit decent tyres.

Clio 172
I got pzero's from camskill at about £60 a corner in 16's. Im not a fan of budgets but understand fully why you did it

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Dont budgets usually wear out a lot quicker than the more expensive brands like the PE2's, contis, dunlops, toyos n such like

Trophy #473
Why am I getting such a grilling!
Ffs, its not as if I wanted to fit poor tyres to my car, I simply couldnt afford to fit decent ones at the moment! Im glad to see that recession hasnt hit the CS High Rollers. Find me 205/45/16 budget tyre for less than £220 fitted and balanced that isnt trade price!... at the time, this was the best price I could find.

tbf... they actually arnt that bad...

Kumho KU31. Great budget tyre, for just over £50 each in your size.

I reviewed mine in the tyres forum...

Why am I getting such a grilling!
Ffs, its not as if I wanted to fit poor tyres to my car, I simply couldnt afford to fit decent ones at the moment! Im glad to see that recession hasnt hit the CS High Rollers. Find me 205/45/16 budget tyre for less than £220 fitted and balanced that isnt trade price!... at the time, this was the best price I could find.

tbf... they actually arnt that bad...

I got 4x GDS3 for that. If you can't afford tyres, maybe sell it and get something you can afford to run?

Trophy #473
I dont think having a tight month warrants selling the car because I cant put decent tyres on it... They are budget tyres to get me by hence my tongue in cheek first post.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You spent £220 to get you by?

Paradas I could have got for £200 fitted.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Holibobs. I missed you though.

Send me a PM. Although that's a lot of pertrol for 4 cheap tyres! ;)

ITB BG 182
Lovely car and now makes me want to clean mine.
I dont use cheap rubber on my car, then again i get GSD3's for £60 each fitted. :D