ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I don't know a thing about throttle bodies!

172 Cup
Hopefully gonna be buying jenvey's at the end of next week if all goes to plan. They are second hand from a friend of a friend. Apparently what he's selling is 'everything I need'...they are fitted to an unfinished 182 track car

Apparently they come with alpha-webber (I think thats what he said) management and the accelerator pedal I need to convert it to throttle cable, plus some other bits...

Im going to view them this weekend, so what else do I need, if anything, and is there anything I should be looking for when looking at the bodies? By that I mean is there any way of determining if they are fooked etc.

Thanks in advance

172 Cup
Really? Gay! It's really cheap though. Bloke wants £800 and if that comes with everything I thought it was a good deal. What's so naff about it?

Cro

Meg'd r27
If you can flog the alpha on and spend 4-600 on something else, omex, ec1 or whatever then its still not too bad a deal

172 Cup
Is the alpha really that bad? This 4-600 you mention, take it that's eBay prices? Always thought omex was loads!

Cro

Meg'd r27
yeah you can find them new on ebay for 600ish or less for second hand. No idea what matts ec1 or the k-tec equivalent is price wise

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
bizzle speak to matt at TDF and get one of his EC1 ECU's my ITB'd car ran one and was flawless

ITB'd MK1
alpha is old, very out dated, and there's barely anyone who can map it. Dealers have to pay an annual licence fee, and there's almost no one that bothers anymore as it's so behind the times. You can't even get the software to access the ECU and allow very basic startup adjustments

172 Cup
Dave - is Matt on here? Do you know how much one of these ecu's will cost roughly?

Danny - thanks for that, blatantly gonna have to get rid of that shizz then. Probs gonna have trouble selling it on though I that's the case :( oh well

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
matt @ TDF AKA Icarus i think he is, top bloke.

think the ecu is just over the £600 mark.

www.enginecontrol.co.uk

Address: track-group, Grovemere Court, Bicton Industrial Park, Kimbolton, Cambs, PE28 0EY

Tel: +44 (0) 1480 861902

GTiR 394bhp
Ask the seller who set up his TB's and give them a call.See if its what you'd consider within driving distance to iron out niggles and how much it will cost.If thats to your liking then consider trying that initially.
If you don't like the idea of that, see if the seller will renegotiate the price with him keeping the Alpha setup.

Alpha-Weber is a bit old school these days and just does fuel and spark i.e. no extras IO at all! It's also a pain to calibrate as some varients weren't live mapable.

Feel free to give our lot a shout if you're stuck for ideas. Fitted, setup and calibrated you're looking at around a grand for an EC1.

172 Cup
Ok thanks! I'm not after anything fancy from the ecu tbh, just want it to run the setup and be mapable obviously. Can see myself holla'ing at you soon for a ecu though lol