ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I cant fix misfire cylinder 1 error , help is needed asap

Arctic Blue 182
I bought a Clio 182 cheap knowing it had a p0301 misfire cylinder 1 error ,I bought it attempting to fix it but its starting to really frustrate me now!

The engine management light only comes on at idle but goes once your driving it ? The light flashes and only comes on like 20 secs after its started?

It hasn't got a misfire as such its more of a rough/lumpy idle?

I have done the following in order to try and fix it :

Changed the coil pack = no difference
Swapped the spark plugs around and scan it to see if the fault code moved to a different cylinder = no difference
Swapped injector= no difference
swapped leads = no difference

However i noticed a tiny bit of oil on the end of the lead where the lead connects to the plug on cylinder 1 today?

i have done a compression test and the figures are the following:

cylinder 1 is nearest the gearbox,correct?

4-3-2-1

190-190-190-177

I'am starting to think its a valve on cylinder 1 ? Do the valves tend to burn out or get pitted on the F4R?

Thanks Daniel.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Couple of things to do. Compression test on cylinder 1, & check ECU is triggering injector one, either with a noid light.... or if ya brave..... see if the actual injector is spraying.

clio 172
I bought a Clio 182 cheap knowing it had a p0301 misfire cylinder 1 error ,I bought it attempting to fix it but its starting to really frustrate me now!

The engine management light only comes on at idle but goes once your driving it ? The light flashes and only comes on like 20 secs after its started?

It hasn't got a misfire as such its more of a rough/lumpy idle?

I have done the following in order to try and fix it :

Changed the coil pack = no difference
Swapped the spark plugs around and scan it to see if the fault code moved to a different cylinder = no difference
Swapped injector= no difference
swapped leads = no difference

However i noticed a tiny bit of oil on the end of the lead where the lead connects to the plug on cylinder 1 today?

i have done a compression test and the figures are the following:

cylinder 1 is nearest the gearbox,correct?

4-3-2-1

190-190-190-177

I'am starting to think its a valve on cylinder 1 ? Do the valves tend to burn out or get pitted on the F4R?

Thanks Daniel.
Take the plug out of number one and drop a little oil down the bore, re do the compression test and if it goes straight up to 190/200 then you know its the rings and nothing to do with the valves, i would not worry to much as 177 is still well in the green mate

RB182
Try removing injector rail and swapping two injectors around refit and see if code changes.
While the rails off you can check the spray pattern from the injectors.